Cagliari: Hiking at the Ancient Roman Road from Chia
Join this beautiful hike along one of the most picturesque coasts of Sardinia in the southern coast between Santa Margherita di Pula and Chia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off only for Chia area
- Transport by jeep or air-conditioned minivan with free wifi on board
- Lunch (optional)
What's excluded :
- Lunch (optional by request)
- Private Tour (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bitan - Daily Tours, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 11, 09010, Domus de Maria, Sardinia Italy
Take a beautiful hike along one of the most picturesque coasts of Sardinia.
Pinus village will be the starting point of the Ancient Roman road that linked Bithia to Nora, an ancient Phoenician Roman outpost created since the 7th century BC in the southwest of Sardinia.
Travel along a beautiful trail that overlooks the turquoise sea surrounded by lush Mediterranean vegetation. Meet a small island where once stood the Phoenician Tophet Temple.
Tophets are generally located outside the city proper and usually to the north. After the ceremony, the ashes of the burnt were placed within a vessel. Stones were then placed on top of the funerary urns to seal them and placed within the Tophet, sometimes within shaft tombs.
From the 6th century BCE, stelae were dedicated to Baal or Tanit and placed on top of the urns instead of stones.
The urns themselves were often recycled pots and jars from as far afield as Corinth and Egypt, and so provide a stimulating and valuable record of Phoenician trade.
At the end of the excursion, the Bitan guides will have the great pleasure to offer you "Sa Picchettada," a typical Sardinian snack.
At the end of the walking tour, you can have lunch in a fantastic restaurant just by the sea, where a delicious fish menu is prepared with the freshest catch of the local fishermen. (optional)
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall amusing anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Parcheggio Ombreggiato CTC, Viale del Porto, 09010 Chia CA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.