Cagliari: Amazing Experience Asinara Island National Park Private Tour
Enjoy a unique and fascinating experience in the Asinara National Park. A 3 hours drive from Cagliari through the beautiful Sardinian countryside up to the northwest of the island where we will catch a dinghy or a boat.
With its untouched natural beauty, isolated landscape, rare flora and fauna species, and unique history, this island located on the far northwest tip of Sardinia, separating the open sea from the gulf which takes its name, is in a world of its own. Ready for you to explore.
You can admire this untouched landscape by an off-road vehicle or trekking.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Accommodation as per itinerary in the hostel: 2 people private room with 2 sigle beds, 3 people private room with 3 single beds or bunk beds, 4 people private room with 4 single beds or bunk beds, sharing bathroom
- Overnight accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Dinner - 2-course dinner
- Live commentary on board
- Jeep Tour
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Round-trip ferry or boat
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with free wifi service
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Parco nazionale dell`Asinara
What's excluded :
Day 1: Cagliari - Asinara Island
Stop At: Parco nazionale dell`Asinara, Sardinia Italy
A 3 hours drive from Cagliari through the beautiful Sardinian countryside to get to the northwest of the island where we will take the 1.15-hour ferry from Porto Torres to Cala Reale.
First, stop in a small village inhabited by fishermen up to 1885 where a former prison has become a hostel.
After the check-in at the hostel, you can relax before your dinner at the hostel.
The next morning ready for a Jeep Tour or Hiking of about 6 hours to visit the whole island.
Duration: 1 day
Accommodation included: Overnight at the hostel
Day 2: Asinara Island - Cagliari
Stop At: Parco nazionale dell`Asinara, Sardinia Italy
After your breakfast at the hostel, you will check-out and start your 6 hours adventure by jeep or hiking.
Experience a world where time stood still, in a miniature version of Sardinia: untouched nature and fascinating old buildings.
Rounded hills cloaked in Mediterranean green, local breeds such as the white donkey, and the thousand colours of the sea and its teeming sea bed. Asinara's natural heritage, which stretches over 50 square kilometres, was designated a national park in 1997 and protected marine area in 2002. The island's extraordinary history, separated from the mainland by Piana island and the road through Fornelli, has kept it intact.
The earliest traces of human activity is the Domus de Janas in Campu Perdu. In the 20th century, the area became the criminal wing of the local jail, in particular hosting the stables where the prisoners worked. The medieval period is represented by the ruins of the Camaldolese convent of Sant'Andrea and the Castellaccio castle, set on a hilltop with a path leading up to it. From around 1600, the island was settled by a fishing and farming community. When a lazaretto and agricultural colony was established in 1885. Don't miss the Ossuary built in 1936 to contain the bones of 7,000 Austro-Hungarians deported during WWI. Asinara remained isolated for more than a century, and even more so when the maximum security prison was built in 1975 for Red Brigade members, kidnappers and mafia bosses such as Raffaele Cutolo and Totò Riina.
This suggestive environmental and historical place, the wild and uncontaminated nature of one of the major Sardinian islands will amaze you in every way.
You will have the opportunity to swim in an incredibly crystalline water, relax an enjoy your snack. Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before leaving the island.
Duration: 10 hours
• Breakfast: Snacks on the tour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please be aware that there's no market or bank in the island, we suggest our guests to bring cash and extra food
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather (ferry or boat), the guest must pay for extra nights and food
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.