Bwindi Gorilla Safari Uganda 3 days 2 nights
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in southwestern Uganda across the steep ridges of the Albertine Rift Valley. This ancient rainforest is one of the few in Africa to have flourished and a home to half of the world’s endangered population of mountain gorillas. Looking into the expressive brown eyes of these giants is surely the most exciting and pungent wildlife encounter Uganda has to offer! Apart from gorilla trekking Tour, the park boosts of 90 mammal species, including 11 primates and prominent bird species. It is a treasure chest of flora and fauna with ten gorilla groups currently available to be visited by only eight persons per group on daily basis. However, strict rules have to be followed to prevent behavioral disturbances and transmission of diseases.
• Gorilla tracking
• The equator
• Cultural experiences
• Delicious local food
• Spacious rooms
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport Transfer to and from Entebbe Airport
- Ground transport per private 4wd vehicles
- English speaking guide/driver
- Full board Accommodation in places mentioned in the Itinerary, based on your preference; luxury/classic, midrange or budget.
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Permit for chimp tracking.
- Government taxes
- Amref flying doctor insurance cover for 30 days
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- International flights charges
- Visa (USD $50, available upon arrival), a valid passport of at least 6 months will be required
- Complex rescue, helicopter rescue, medical evacuation or hospitalization in case of any accidents is not covered in our pricing
- Any optional activities
- Extra meals and drinks
- Items of personal nature
Day 1- Leave Kampala in the morning and drive southwards. A first stop over at the Equator, a famous spot for photography. For the rest of the journey, view the long horned Ankole cattle, papyrus, acacia woodland and terraced landscape of Kigezi highlands on your way to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Lunch enroute in Mbarara. Dinner and overnight at the lodge/camp. You can choose between classic, midrange and budget accommodation.
Day 2 - Gorilla tracking in the tropical rain forest
After an early breakfast and briefing from the guides, set off for the gorilla tracking in the forest sanctuary. The activity starts at 8.00am. You need to carry packed lunch, drinking water, rain jacket and jungle boots while the rangers will provide you with a walking stick. The time taken to find the gorillas varies according to the movements of these marvelous primates. An encounter with an earth shaking 350 pound silver back or a baby gorilla is very exciting and an unforgettable experience! Dinner and overnight at your lodge/ camp.
Day 3-After breakfast return to Kampala at leisure. Lunch enroute.
Possible one day extensions: Spend the night at Lake Bunyonyi; Visit Lake Mburo National Park.
Departure Point :Kampala
Departure Time :Day 3-After breakfast return to Kampala at leisure. Lunch enroute.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress is mainly informal and should be light as well as practical, like long trousers, t-shirts, trekking shoes. Something warm should be brought along for early morning and evenings and shirts/jumpers in the evening are better helping against mosquitoes. Light rain jacket for the rain is necessary.
- Do not forget sun glasses, hat, sunscreen products, and torch for evening, insects’ repellents, swimming costume, backpack, binoculars for game drives and birding. Remember to bring with you disinfectant products for the hands and face.
- In Uganda it is easy to purchase films in town and in Kampala you can find the batteries for digital cameras. It is prohibited to take photographs of military and State buildings and military personnel. It is allowed to take photographs and filming for personal reasons and not commercial within the national parks and mountains gorillas.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever is no longer mandatory. Take your anti-malarial drugs before arrival in Uganda and come along with mosquito repellants. We recommend that you bring all your personal medications.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.