Leaded by a guide, we head into the nature of Finland and go on a survival in one of the Finnisch national parks. Here we learn all kinds of bushcraft skills, such as the distinction between edible and non-edible plants, berries and mushrooms, making fire and building a (primitive) shelter. You learn to recognize the invisible paths of the reindeer and find your way through a forest. You learn to catch a fish when the water is frozen. You will discover the balance between people and nature, the primal balance within yourself.
Doing things together ensures connection. Hunting and gathering food in good harmony is the key to survival in nature. Sitting together around the campfire at the end of the day and enjoying your own catches, provides that togetherness and is also very cozy!
Treat yourself to the unique and fun experience of bushcraft and Finland and book now!
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Survival in the outdoors!
Bushcrafting in Finland.
Follow in the footsteps of the ancient Samis and learn how to survive in the outdoors! The Sami have lived in Sápmi since time immemorial, an area that is partly located in Lapland. The forefathers of the Sami were hunters and fishermen and knew exactly how to live off the land without exploiting it. They gathered wild plants and berries, lit a fire, built huts against the often harsh weather conditions, and moved through the forest via almost invisible reindeer paths. The skills of the Sami to survive in nature are known as 'bushcraft' or 'survival'.
Departure Point :Ronkaisenrannantie 4, 93999 Kuusamo, Finland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/23/2019 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Friday: 07:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.