Bush break with the Mountain Gorillas
This safari is short and specific to the Gorillas. Experience the unforgettable encounter with the Mountain Gorilla said to be man’s closest relative in the jungle, This is the ultimate, for those with a bucket list wish to see the Gorillas. You get to trek the gentle apes twice on one safari. This is a 5 day trip
You will stay at a five star community based lodge that was built through a partnership with the community in Bwindi, the African wildlife fund (AWF) and a private local investor. Hit two birds with one stone... tick off one item from your bucket list- seeing the mountain Gorilla, and support the local community - the Batwa, probably the shortest people known.
per adult from
3 to 5 days
What's included :
- 4 nights accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Air port tax
- Alcohol beverage
- Day 1 – Entebbe Arrival at Entebbe International Airport. You will be met and assisted by a SAFARI CHAPTER representative. Transfer to Entebbe for overnight at The Boma Hotel (BB)
Day 2 – Bwindi impenetrable forest Transfer to the Airport for 0745hrs departure on the scheduled flight arriving Kisoro at 0930hrs.
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge high up on Nteko Ridge, on the edge of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge high up on Nteko Ridge, on the edge of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, the views are breathtaking, In the shadow of three volcanoes, looking down into the thick treetop canopy of Bwindi and beyond to the golden grasses of the Western Rift Valley. 8 Stone cottages with fireplaces, soft armchairs, warm duvets, excellent meals made from local produce, good wine, a lush botanical garden, a cosy library and sheltered verandas with views to the volcanoes. Clouds, with the ultimate goal of protecting the natural habitat of the mountain gorilla, will also directly benefit the community of Nkuringo who also have a significant stake in the venture. Guests will be able to walk from the lodge to the Gorilla tracking starting point. Overnight Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge (FB) 3 nights
Day 3 and 4
Up relatively early for a hearty breakfast to give you the energy needed for your gorilla trek. Before 8 am report to the ranger station for registration and a talk by one of the rangers; the guides will then take you through the bush pushing your way through the undergrowth, parting thick creepers, to track the gorillas. The trek can take from half an hour to 7 hours – a reasonable degree of fitness is required as well as a sturdy pair of walking shoes.
After breakfast your guide will drive to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Entebbe at 0930hrs, arriving Entebbe at 1155hrs transfer for your flight
Departure Point :Entebbe International airport
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.