Bullet Train To Datong Yungang Grottoes from Beijing Private Day Tour
You cannot imagine until you stand gazing up at them how awe inspiring are the statues and stone-cut architecture of the Yungang Grottos. Over 50 thousand Buddhas in 252 man-made caves punctuate the cliff of Wuzhou Mountain.The statues range in size from tiny Buddhas smaller than an inch, arrayed like tiles in the sandstone, to great carvings 55 feet high (17 meters). UNESCO made this a World Heritage Site in 2001, describing it as “a classical masterpiece of Chinese Buddhist art.” Half a century in the making, involving tens of thousands of workers, this temple like the great cathedrals of Europe is a testament for the ages. It can not but raise our gaze. Your private English-speaking guide will explain it all in detail.
This marvel is our destination. But first a more modern adventure: We'll shoot from the city for a roughly two-hour ride on the Beijing-Datong bullet train. From sleek steel to ancient stone – pretty amazing contrast in this day to remember for a lifetime.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local hand slice noodle lunch
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round Tickets of Bullet Train between Datong and Beijing
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Yungang Grottoes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yungang Grottoes, Wuzhou Mountain, Urban Area, Datong 37000 China
Experience China's 350 KPH high-speed train to visit the datong yungang grottoes from Beijing。
Yungang Grottoes, one of the three major cave clusters in China, punctuate the north cliff of Wuzhou Mountain, Datong. The area was excavated along the mountain, extending 1 km (0.62 miles) from east to west, revealing 53 caves and over 51,000 stone statues
Including round trip high-speed train tickets, yungang grottoes entrance tickets,and You've never seen anything before the local sliced noodles.
This tour need your passport number and name of train tickets in advance.
This tour provide option end at Datong city for your next plan.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located hotelDates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Your centrally located hotel
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- During Chinese public holiday, please book this tour 2 weeks in advance.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- need bring your passport
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.