Bulgaria in one day: Veliko Tarnovo, Bacho Kiro Cave and Dryanovo Monastery
Only one hour from Bucharest, Bulgaria is waiting to be revealed. The medieval fortress of Tsarevets in Veliko Tarnovo included in the UNESCO heritage with the cobbled streets and a unique view.
The Dryanovo Monastery is a step back in time; if Orthodoxy, it's an unknown religion for you, here you can feel the spirit of ancient times.
The highlight of the day is the Bacho Kiro Cave. The cave is a labyrinth of galleries and corridors where you feel like a fairy-tale underground world. With an approximate age of 46,000 years, human fossils found here are the oldest known in Europe. The entire area with the canyons of the Andaka and Dryanovo River it's one of the unspoiled nature corners of Europe.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Dryanovo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Bacho Kiro Cave - Dryanovo monastery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo Province
The medieval capital of the Bulgarian Second Kingdom once considered the Third Rome. The tour includes a walking tour of Gurka Street and of Tsarevets.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dryanovo Monastery, Dryanovo Bulgaria
The 12th-century monastery together with park and the waterfall not far from here.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bacho Kiro Cave - Dryanovo monastery, Bulgarka National Park, Dryanovo 5370 Bulgaria
Bacho Kiro cave, the place of the oldest homo sapiens remains and the oldest ornaments in Europe (43000-46000 years old), including a splendid gorge and a waterfall.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.