Budapest Hanukkah Tour
During the tour you will not only see the most important and some hidden Jewish heritage sights in the Jewish Quarter but you will also learn the history of Hanukkah, traditions, rules of dreidel game and you can taste traditional Jewish cake. Hanukkah, also known as Chanukah or the Festival of Lights, is one of the most beautiful and popular Jewish festivals around the world. This year begins at sundown on Sunday, Dec. 22 and lasts until sundown on Monday, Dec. 30.
Jews light 8 candles on their Hanukkah Menorah, do you know why? Would you like to know why Jews eat fatty food and a lot of cheese during Hanukkah? You can get the answers for these questions too, if you join my Hanukkah Walking Tour.
At the end of the tour we join one of the candle lighting ceremonies in Budapest. Let's celebrate together the Festival of Lights!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - traditional jewish cake
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Rumbach Street Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiraly Street, Kiraly utca, Budapest Hungary
We will meet you at Deák Square and we start to walk towards Király Street. During the walk you will learn about Jewish District's history, the most important events and buildings at the beginning of the 19th century
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rumbach Street Synagogue, Rumbach Sebestyen utca 11-13., Budapest 1075 Hungary
We will walk to the Rumbach Street Synagogue, where you will hear about past and presence of the synagogue. You will learn about the Hanukkah tradititions, the miracle of Hanukkah, the history of the festival, the rules of dreidel and other important and interesting information about the festival of lights. You will get the answer why the Jews eat fatty food during this festival.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kazinczy Street Synagogue, VII. Kazinczy Street 29-31, Budapest 1075 Hungary
We will explain more about Hanukkah and show you the buildings of Kazinczy Synagogue and the orthodox jewish centre.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga), Dohany utca 2-8, Budapest 1074 Hungary
We walk to the buildings of Dohány Street Synagoge, the Heroes' Temple, the Memorial Garden, the Jewish Museum. You will hear all important information about history of the above sights. Before visiting this place, we go into a traditional Jewish Café where you can taste traditional jewish cake. At the end of the tour we will go to a Hanukkah candle lightening ceremony.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Budapest, Deák Ferenc tér, Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up you from your hotel in city centre.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :1: Dohány Street Synagogue, Budapest, Dohány u. 2, 1074 Hungary
2: Budapest, Nyugati tér, Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.