Bucharest Communism tour: highlights and small bites
Who would have said that a boy with only elementary school would become such a controversial communist dictator? Was he a genius or just an egocentric man? Join us and hear the untold stories.
Embark on a communist journey and you will:
• Discover the secrets of the heaviest building in the world!
• Be revealed hidden, genuine, funny stories.
• Taste some bites of communist food. Will you like it or not? Have a taste and you’ll find out!
As a bonus, since during the Golden Age quality coffee was scarce if you were not among the “lucky ones”, you will have a delicious coffee to go. It’s our treat! ;)
This tour is good for any of you interested in having a mix of sightseeing and relaxing moments. It has a bit of everything: fun facts, cultural insights, small bites of typical communist food and all that sprinkled with history.
Join us on the tour and let’s explore more!
per adult from
210 to 240 minutes
What's included :
- Professional services from a certified, local guide
- Small bites of a typical communist daily food (a small snack and something sweet)
- Transportation by metro according to the itinerary (where necessary)
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal shopping and souvenirs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Constitution Square, Bucharest Romania
On our itinerary, we will stop at the main communist tourist attractions or places like: Palace of Parliament, Revolution square, headquarter of the Central Committee of the Communist Party, the Memorial of Rebirth, University square, Ceaușescu’s house, but also to others that will be a total surprise.
A stop in front of the Palace of Parliament (the megalomaniac project of the great leader Nicolae Ceausescu) is a must for a communist tour in Bucharest.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Victoriei Street, Bucharest Romania
Curious about the leader’s decision to demolish an entire neighborhood just to build this impressive building and its impact on Romanian’s lives? How did Ceaușescu built such a strong and fascinating cult of personality?
Join us if you want to learn more.
We will also talk about day to day life, how people were managing to live considering the poor conditions.
Life under communism meant that scarcity of products, staying in line to buy food, low gas pressure, limited access to TV shows was the normality. A lots of interesting facts and stories will be shared.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
Since we like food, food related stories will not be missed. And we will enjoy small bites: a snack and sweets that will give you a taste of the communist era, including 2 packed communist sweets that are still available today. And the coffee is our treat for you.
A stop in the Revolution Square will reveal the memories of the protests and those bloody days.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piata Universitatii, Bucharest Romania
We will continue the tour to Universității Square, another hot spot of the Revolution of 1989.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Ceausescu Mansion, Bulevardul Primaverii No.50 District 1, Bucharest 011975 Romania
Next, we will go to one of the rich neighborhoods in Bucharest, Primăverii neighborhood, where Ceausescu and the red elite used to live. We will have a stroll in the neighborhood and stop a bit in front of Ceaușescu’s house. You’ll have a chance to see a different side of the communism and talk more about his family and personal life.
A tour that you should not miss if you want to learn more about communism and how it changed the lives of many Romanians.
Departure Point :H&M, Piața Unirii 1, București 030119, Romania
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Universitate, Bulevardul Nicolae Bălcescu, București 030167, Romania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Where possible, in case of allergies, we replace the food products with other choices. Please make sure you mention in the booking form any allergies that you are aware of.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.