Broken Group Islands Guided Kayaking Adventure July 12-15
Wild Root Journeys offers guides with experience and heart. We thrive to create rich connections with the group and place. We love sharing the rich natural history as well as Tseshaht culture and connection of this land. These islands offer such geographically diversity that allows for amazing exploration and wildlife that always impresses.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayaking and camping gear
- Permits to the National Park
- Certified Guides
What's excluded :
We will start the trip with an 8am ferry and will be dropped off on a beach just across the Broken Group at 11am. We will unload our gear from the ferry and begin packing our kayaks. A kayak instructional will be delivered to assure the group has a good understanding of paddling techniques and group travel. We will then have lunch before crossing into the Broken Group Islands. The first day will include 2-3 hours of paddling in the afternoon, before making our way to our first camp.
Day 2 and 3
These will be full paddling days unless the weather tells us otherwise. Our days will include 2-3 hours of paddling before lunch and another 2-3 hours of paddling post lunch. The routes will vary on group, weather, water conditions and guides decisions. We will likely switch camps once to give the group a greater chance to see more of the islands.
The final day will include a full morning paddle. We will have lunch, and given the circumstances likely we will have another 1 hour paddle before completing the kayak journey at our pick up location. After sorting our gear we will catch a 3:30 pm ferry back to Port Alberni. The ferry will have us back at 7:30pm to finalize the trip.
Departure Point :Banfield Lifeboat Display, 5417 Argyle St, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1T6, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.