Brewery Tour of Richmond, VA
COVID-19: All tours are private tours until further notice!
Hop on board the Richmond Brewery Tours bus – the beer scene has exploded since landmark brewing legislation in 2012, and we can’t wait to show you the best our city has to offer on our Richmond Brewery Tour.
- Visit three unique breweries to taste a few of their best beers – plenty included to keep your thirst quenched
- Get a behind the scenes look at one brewery along the way
- Learn about Richmond’s beer past and present from our expert guides – they know their Richmond beer scene like the back of their hand
- Travel in style between breweries in our comfortable, climate-controlled 14-passenger van – we’ll even have some snacks on board for you
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer samples at each brewery
- Entry/Admission - Capital Ale House
- Entry/Admission - Ardent Craft Ales
- Entry/Admission - Vasen Brewing Company
- Entry/Admission - Legend Brewing Co
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Capital Ale House, 623 E Main St, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Meet your guide at Capital Ale House downtown for Beer 101 - a quick overview of beer and the craft beer scene in Richmond. We'll sample both an ale and a lager, and learn the difference between the two before we set off to visit three of Richmond's popular breweries!
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Ardent Craft Ales, 3200 W Leigh St, Richmond, VA 23230-4410
At Ardent, we'll get to taste 2-3 of their award-winning beers, in at least two different styles. About Ardent:
Ardent Craft Ales began in 2010 as a garage-based co-op in Church Hill started by two friends who just wanted to learn more about making beer. Their audience grew month over month until they began to think seriously about opening a commercial brewery. After months of planning, fundraising, and renovating, Ardent’s Scott’s Addition location opened in 2014. The Ardent Saison is a crowd-favorite that’s always on tap, and the Earl Grey Brown Ale makes a unique and tasty choice.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Vasen Brewing Company, 3331 Moore St, Richmond, VA 23230-4423
At Väsen, we'll sample up to three of their unique beers! About Väsen Brewing:
The Swedish word “väsen” honors our Scandinavian heritage and translates as one’s inner essence or way of being. At Väsen Brewing Company, brewing is about creating and appreciating something greater than yourself. Our beer is a medium through which we express ourselves and our appreciation for our environment. We brew to inspire others to chase the things they love.
Väsen beers combine the experimental spirit that defines American craft beer with the rustic and funky flavors of Belgian farmhouse and sour ales.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Legend Brewing Co, 321 W 7th St, Richmond, VA 23224, USA
At Legend, we'll get to sample up to four beers from Richmond's oldest active craft brewery! About Legend:
Legend Brewing is the original Richmond craft brewery (well, at least among modern ones). It’s one of the only breweries in town with a full-service restaurant, and has an amazing patio overlooking the James River and downtown to enjoy. Flagship beers like the Legend Brown, Winter White, and Lager have been staples throughout the city for many years (and for good reason!)
Duration: 35 minutes
Departure Point :623 E Main St, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.