Bratislava: Banská Stiavnica UNESCO Day Tour
See the Gothic church of St. Catherine town hall, which was originally a Gothic house
Encoutner New Castle and the Old castle and Calvary with breathtaking views
Walk through the Holy Trinity Square
Visit a small mine in the city center
Walk through the oldest street in the town
Experience a UNESCO heritage town
With its rich deposits of silver and gold, Banská Štiavnica is figured as one of the most important towns in Medieval Europe. You'll see also some lakes, hills and the fantastic countryside.
The town was registered as a UNESCO heritage site in December 1993, and was also the site of the first technology-oriented university in the world.
You see the place and the house where this University was founded.
From here, Banská Štiavnica became a center for science and technology development in Europe.
This town is one of the most beautiful and historically interesting towns in Slovakia, attracting artists and romantics with its old mining roads, stylish cafés and restaurants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- 1 entrance fee
- Professional guide in the town
- Entry/Admission - Old Castle Banska Stiavnica
- Entry/Admission - Old town area of Banska Stiavnica
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Castle Banska Stiavnica, Starozamocka 12, Banska Stiavnica 969 01 Slovakia
Take a tour of Banská Štiavnica, one of the most beautiful and historically interesting towns in Slovakia.
Banska Stiavnica and its surroundings is an outstanding example of a mediaeval mining town and a mining center that, with the end of the mining and the Mining and Forestry Academy moving to Hungary in 1919.
You'll see: Holy Trinity Square, Old Castle, New Castle, Gothic church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, Mining District Court, small minign tunnel and many more just in one day tour.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Old town area of Banska Stiavnica, Old Town area, Banska Stiavnica 969 01 Slovakia
Highlights of your tour include the Old Castle and Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, the Holy Trinity Square (where you can find the Mining District Court building) the Gothic church of St. Catherine, and the New Castle and Calvary. Complimentary to these famous landmarks, you will also encounter unique local beer, wonderful nature, and much more.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we'll pick you up at your hotel 15 minutes prior departure
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.