Bran Castle and Rasnov Fortress Tour from Brasov with Entrance Fees Included - Optional Peles Castle Visit
Immerse yourself in the legends of Transylvania with a visit to Bran Castle and Râșnov Fortress, in a small group tour. Departing from Braşov, the half-day hour tour begins with a stop at Râșnov to explore its imposing, 13th-century fortress. Next up is Bran Castle, also known as ‘Dracula’s Castle’ — a hilltop estate that conjures up visions of howling wolves and bats fluttering in the moonlight. Wander the castle’s Gothic chambers and learn about its ties to Bram Stoker’s undead antihero. Upgrade to extend your tour to the beautifully ornate Peleș Castle (to be paid when you are doing the booking by choosing the option!).
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Driver/guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Hotel (only from Brasov city) pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Rasnov Citadel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- 3-4-hour tour extension to Peles Castle (approx.15 euros paid on the day)
- Entrance fee to Peleș Castle and Pelisor Castle
- Explore two of Transylvania’s most impressive citadels and discover why the region is steeped in mysterious lore. Your professional guide will pick you up in central Braşov in a car or minivan for the 30-minute ride south to Râșnov, situated among the stunning Bucegi Mountains.
Learn about the storied history of Râșnov Fortress, a walled stone compound designed to ward off attacks by the fierce Tartars and used as a refuge for local villagers during medieval warfare. Explore the time-worn courtyards, ramparts and well of the 13th-century fortress built by the Teutons. Opt to have lunch in Râșnov if you like (own expense).
A short drive brings you to Bran Castle, nicknamed ‘Dracula’s Castle’ for its ties to Bram Stoker’s 1897 Gothic tale and its bloodthirsty villain. The high stone walls and red turrets of this hilltop citadel come into view as you approach the secluded castle, set among the dramatic backdrop of the Carpathians. Enter if you dare, after paying the site fee (own expense), and wander through the castle’s many well-preserved rooms and chambers with your guide. Gothic furnishings and details help set the scene for ghastly legends of all that happened here, including the imprisonment of Vlad the Impaler.
This 15th-century prince was notorious for his bloodthirsty campaigns against invading Turks and is said to have inspired Stoker’s malevolent Count Dracula.
If you’ve had your fill of vampiric lore, your guide will drive you back to Braşov at this point. If you’re thirsty for more, extend your tour by 3 to 4 hours and continue on to the nearby Peleș Castle (own expense to be paid the day of the tour). The expansive, Bavarian-style Peleș Castle was built among a lush forest to house Romania’s royalty in the 19th century and is among the most beautiful in Europe.
A guide will lead you through many of its immaculate, ornate rooms, still adorned with luxuriant furnishings and décor. You’ll also have the chance to tour the neighbouring Pelișor Castle, a smaller royal residence decked out in art nouveau finery.
Departure Point :Muzeul Județean de Istorie, Piața Sfatului 30, Brașov 500025, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
We inform you about the exact pick up time!
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group tour
- Sturdy hiking footwear recommended
- Tour available with extension to Sinaia at a supplement
- For your information, entrance prices detailed: entrance fee to Peles Castle: LEI 30 (the standard tour) around €7
- MONDAY BRAN CASTLE IS OPENED AT 12:00.
- "Skip the line" at the ticket office for Bran Castle!
- Crowded in high season (July - August)
- Peles Castle is closed MONDAY! Tuesday we can visit only the ground floor! Pelisor Castle is closed MONDAY and TUESDAY! More info about the admission time: peles.ro
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- RASNOV FORTRESS IS CLOSED FROM 3rd of February 2020 for 22 months! Anyhow, we could visit the outside walls and exterior court. We visit other site, instead (eg. The St Bartholomew Evangelical church / Cristian Saxon Fortified Church / Valea Cetatii Cave). The guide will inform you about the options.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring your own mask; we provide hand sanitizer. We are cleaning vehicles after every tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.