Bosphorus, Golden Horn and Eyüp District Tour
Hop on a Bosphorus Cruise, through the waterway separating the two continents – Europe and Asia – giving you a perfect chance to take amazing photographs of marble palaces, ancient wooden villas of Ottoman architecture besides modern residential areas and luxurious apartments. The Rumeli Fortress (seen from the boat – no interior visit), is the historical armament built by the Conqueror to control and protect the Bosphorus and is a unique example of military architecture. The Golden Horn (from the car), the arm of the Bosphorus and a natural harbour in the historical peninsula separating the old and new sides of İstanbul where the first Byzantine colonies settled. This area was the residential area for Byzantine Jews, Italian traders and other non-Muslim minorities. Listen to the account of how the Golden Horn was conquered by the Ottomans. Our last stop will be Pierre Loti Hill where you can observe the breath-taking view of Golden Horn. What a vista!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Bosphorus Strait
- Entry/Admission - Pierre Loti Tepesi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bosphorus Strait, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
Now you will hop on a Bosphorus Cruise, through the waterway separating the two continents – Europe and Asia – giving you a perfect chance to take amazing photographs of marble palaces, ancient wooden villas of Ottoman architecture besides modern residential areas and luxurious apartments. The Rumeli Fortress (seen from the boat – no interior visit), is the historical armament built by the Conqueror to control and protect the Bosphorus and is a unique example of military architecture. As you travel along the cruise route, you will be able to see the Imperial Gardens of the Royal Yildiz Palace, the Bosphorus Bridge that connects the continents of Europe and Asia, the Beylerbeyi Palace, the Maiden's Tower (also known as Leander's Tower), and Üsküdar District. Private boat service is only offered for Private Tours.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Golden Horn, Turkey
This horn-shaped estuary divides European Istanbul. One of the best natural harbours in the world, the Byzantine and Ottoman navies and commercial shipping interests were centered here. Today, lovely parks and promenades line the shores where the setting sun dyes the water a golden colour. At Fener and Balat, neighbourhoods midway up the Golden Horn, whole streets of old wooden houses, churches, and synagogues date from Byzantine and Ottoman times. The Orthodox Patriarchy besides here at Fener. Eyup, a little further up, reflects the Ottoman style of architecture. Cemeteries sprinkled with dark cypress trees cover the hillsides. Many pilgrims come to the tomb of Eyup in the hope that their prayers will be granted. The Pierre Loti Cafe, atop the hill overlooking the shrine is a wonderful place to enjoy the tranquillity of the view. Istanbul is an international art and cultural centre. The International Arts and Cultural Festival is held each year in June.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Balat, Istanbul Turkey
Balat is one of the oldest and most spectacular districts of Istanbul. The second you step foot along its narrow cobbled streets and historic buildings, you sense an atmosphere unlike anywhere else in Istanbul, and indeed the world. The district is genuinely hidden away a little bit, set past the shores of Eminönü along the Golden Horn. It’s quite close to the metro stop along the Golden Horn (called Haliç in Turkish), within comfortable walking distance. The coastal road all along the Golden Horn is extremely pleasant, with massive parks all along and families walking along the promenade all the way up to Pierre Loti at the end of the Golden Horn. But once you step inside Balat, all that drifts away as you’ve stepped into an Istanbul of yesteryear. So let’s go exploring!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pierre Loti Tepesi, Idris Kosku Cad. Eyup, Istanbul 34050 Turkey
Time to ride a cable car to the Pierre Loti Coffee House for a breathtaking view of the Golden Horn. Travel up the winding Golden Horn — lined by parks and promenades — to visit the holy district of Eyüp, named after an officer in the army of the Prophet Mohammed who died during a siege of Istanbul and is buried here. Hugging the hill behind the 15th-century Eyüp Sultan Mosque is a sprawling cemetery of strange, beautiful, turban-topped tombs. For the best views, head to the hilltop Pierre Loti Cafe, named after the French novelist and naval officer. Loti wrote his 1876 novel Aziyadé at this establishment back when it was called the Rabia Kadın Café.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available for the best hygiene practice.- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time and let the lobby staff know that you are expecting a tour guide.- Comfortable shoes are advised- Wheelchair users must inform our agent whether guest(s) is/are fully dependent on the chair or partly able to walk or move.- Cruise port pickups from Yenikapi Port and Topkapi International Cruise Port are included in the tour price.- Airport picks up and transfers are also available at extra charge. Please contact us for further information.Ports
- Karaköy Yolcu Salonu Gümrük Müdürlüğü, Topkapı, Rıhtım Cd. No:52, 34716 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/4/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All medical regulations will be adhered to during this time until further notice for your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.