Borscht and cabbage pie cooking class and dinner for small private groups
Let Elena teach you how to make traditional Russian Borscht soup, followed by classic cabbage pie. You'll enjoy your creations together after the class and can take the recipes home!
• Learn how to make Borscht and cabbage pie from scratch using organic produce, then enjoy them for dinner
• Wine, spirits, tea, and coffee are included
• The apartment is in the traditional St.Petersburg style, with high ceilings and elements of the original decor. Dinner is served in a large dining room with XIX century furniture and art
• Elena is a Russian-English translator and a former tour guide
• This experience is bookable as a private event only
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Meet and cook with a talented local
- Easy-to-follow cooking class for all levels
- Bring home traditional recipes and culinary skills
- Drinks (Wine, Spirits, Water)
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Local host Elena is a Russian-English translator, a former tour guide and a good cook. Together with his husband, Elena has hosted multiple individuals and small groups from the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy and Brazil. They serve a lunch/dinner in their dining room with XIX century furniture and pieces of art. They both love cooking, baking and meeting new people.
You will get the chance to experience a unique and authentic cooking class with a local host, hand selected by Eatwith, the world’s largest community for authentic culinary experiences. Eatwith experiences are top rated on TripAdvisor and are loved by thousands of travelers from around the world!
• Rye bread with salted herring - Squares of rye bread and cream butter with tender slated herring
• Borscht - Rich vegetable soup with beet roots, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onions based on meat broth, with chunks of meats; served with sour cream
• Cabbage pie - Thinly chopped cabbage and boiled eggs in roll-in dough
• Tea or coffee - Loose leaf tea or coffee from Tassimo coffee machine or Turkish coffee brewing pot, with sweets
Departure Point :Saint Petersburg, St Petersburg, Russia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Guests need to communicate if they have any food restrictions (allergy, special diet, etc.)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- To ensure the safety of our community, we’ve created health and safety guidelines and resources for our hosts based on the World Health Organization's recommendations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.