Borjomi - Rabati -Vardzia Private Full Day Tour from Tbilisi
Samtskhe-Javakheti is a region in southern Georgia. Its administrative centre is Akhaltsikhe. Nature is surprisingly diverse and breathtaking. You will be able to see: rivers, ravines, canyons, lakes, coniferous and deciduous forests. It is also rich in minerals. Samtskhe-Javakheti is the ideal place for those who love nature and adventures.
- Borjomi Central Park, most remarkable virtues of Borjomi are its striking nature and unique mineral waters. One of the best places to experience this is the “Mineral Water Park” of Borjomi.
- Rabati Castle is a popular attraction of Akhaltsikhe. In 2012, it was reconstructed and strengthened. Rabati Castle has a powerful fortress wall, four towers with spiral staircases, an observation deck, and buildings.
- Incredibly beautiful medieval cave city Vardzia, which was built in the 12th century by Georgia’s greatest ruler -Queen Tamar, is located in Georgia’s southern Samtskhe-Javakheti region, 60km from Akhaltsikhe.
per adult from
12 hours 14 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Borjomi Central Park
- Entry/Admission - Rabati Castle
- Entry/Admission - Vardzia
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets for Museums
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borjomi Central Park, 50, 9 Aprili Street, Borjomi 1200 Georgia
Borjomi is a resort town in central Georgia. It's known for its mineral waters, with springs in Borjomi Central Park. Defined by its striking exterior, the Romanov Palace contains ornate furniture and a billiards room. Nearby, trails wind through the vast wilderness of Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. In the park, the centuries-old Mtsvane Monastery (Green Monastery) is made of green-tinged stones.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rabati Castle, Akhaltsikhe Georgia
Rabati fortress is situated in the center of Akhaltsikhe, at a distance of 207 km from Tbilisi on the left bank of the river Potskhovi. The old part of the town so-called Rabati is situated on the rocky inn. Ensemble comprises: Sargis Jakeli castle of 14th c., Fortress Church (late Middle Ages), Palace 18th century and the Church of Saint Marine (1865) with built-in relief works.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vardzia, Erusheti Mountain, Aspindza 383770 Georgia
The cave monastery complex Vardzia was built during the reign of King George III and his daughter Queen Tamar. There is a legend about the name origin of this outstanding monument of medieval architecture. According to the legend, a long time ago, when Tamara was still a little girl she loved to play in this at that time unfinished cave town.
One day she was playing there with her uncle who soon lost the girl of his sight in that cave maze. And then Tamar loudly shouted: “Ak var dzia!” which is translated from Georgian as: “I am here, uncle!”. The last two words echoed around the cave complex, and they were heard by King George III. He ordered to call the complex just like that – “Vardzia”.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Driver and Guide will Pick up all travelers from any place what travelers choose
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.