Book A Local Host In Taipei: Private & Personalized
Discover Taipei as you would if you were staying with a friend who lived there, on this personalised experience with a Local Host. In just half a day you’ll experience the authentic side of the Taipei as you visit famous attractions and discover hidden gems with a Local Host who knows and loves the city. Explore vibrant Taipei's highlights or discover an off-the-beaten-path neighbourhood, get oriented and immerse yourself in Taipei’s unique culture with a Local Host by your side to navigate on your personalised route that’s been created just for you!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 4 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Local knowledge and insights
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Taipei, Taipei
Odds are, ambling down any street in Taipei would confront you with a million sights you’ve never seen before. Wouldn’t it be wonderful, in such an instance, to have somebody by your side to explain just what exactly is going on?
With a local Taipei host, you’ll have that as you explore this bustling, vibrant and ridiculously colourful city together. Tell them what interests you, and then stick around for the journey.
Pass By: Liberty Square, Democracy Blvd, Zhongzheng District, Taipei 100 Taiwan
You might like to start your day with a traditional Taiwanese breakfast before heading to Liberty Square. From here, many of the famous attractions are accessible to you, and you can get your history (and Instagram) kicks by exploring one or many of the surrounding temples and buildings.
Pass By: Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, 21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Zhongzheng District, Taipei 1004 Taiwan
Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall is a biggie! Ask your host about its political significance.
Pass By: Bopiliao Ancient Street, No.101 Guangzhou Street, Wanhua District, Wanhua, Taipei Taiwan
Travel back in time on Bopiliao Old Street - a relic from the Qing Dynasty,
Pass By: Tamsui Fisherman's Wharf, Taiwan
You could catch a tangerine sunset at Tamsui Fisherman’s Wharf.
Pass By: Shilin Night Market, Jihe Road, Shilin, Taipei Taiwan
You could sample some beef noodles, pepper buns, flame-torched sausages and soup dumplings. Are you brave enough for stinky tofu? We reckon you are.
Pass By: Ximending, Wanhua District, Wanhua, Taipei 108 Taiwan
Depending on the timing of your experience, you might like to check out the Shilin and Raohe night markets, climb Elephant Mountain for stellar views over the city, shop in trendy Ximending or get close to nature in Yangmingshan National Park.
Pass By: Raohe Street Night Market, North end of Kee Lung Road, Xinyi District, Taipei Taiwan
Learn all about ingredients you never knew even existed and immerse yourself in this steamy world of culinary brilliance. Some modern apartments are built without kitchens because the nation’s kitchen is outside on the streets.
Now that’s confidence in their street food scene.
Pass By: Dihua Street, Datong District, Datong, Taipei 103 Taiwan
You might want to tick off some famous sights, like Bao’an Temple, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and Dihua Street, and let’s not forget that Taipei is all about street food.
In fact, so entrenched is this daily ritual into the fabric of life here, that some apartments are built without kitchens - sample some pork belly buns and bubble tea to see why this would make perfect sense!
Pass By: Elephant Mountain (aka Nangang District Hiking Trail), Lane 150, Songren Rd., Xinyi District, Taipei Taiwan
Your host will take care in mapping out a unique route for you which takes in the city's highlights as well as some hidden gems they know you’ll love
Departure Point :Taipei Main Station, No. 8號, Zhengzhou Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/8/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.