Bogota Food Feast and Coffee Workshop
Calling all foodies. Come and join our small-group Bogota food tour and get to grips with the capital's cuisine. While on the surface Colombian cuisine seems like a mystery, those whose delve deep into its underbelly find some of the most complex and nuanced fare in South America. Join our food-obsessed (and fully licenced) local guide on a feasting extravaganza through the streets of downtown. Stop en route to sample around 10 different things including exotic fruits, lechona (roasted suckling pig), traditional aguadiente mixes, tamale at an historic bakery, Colombian sweet dessert (oblea) and much, much more. Sign off the tour with an immersive coffee workshop to get to grips with why Colombia grows and roasts some of the finest beans in the world.
per adult from
What's included :
- All food tasting and snacks (10 tastings)
- Professional guide
- Small group tour limited to 8 exclusive guests
- Coffee tasting workshop
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (other than one cocktail)
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Items of a personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barrio La Candelaria, Calle 10 # 0 15 Bogota, Colombia Llegando por avenida circunvalar preferiblemente., Bogota 111711 Colombia
Greet your guide on the steps of the magnificent National Museum of Colombia. The first order of business is a small, local market where you'll try several different types of exotic fruits that you've likely never heard of, let alone tasted. Next, you'll dive into a local joint to sample dainty versions of cheesy melt-in-the-mouth corn
arepas. For carnivores, there's no happier place than our next stop, a small whole-in-the-wall eatery which does nothing more than
lechona - roasted and stuffed suckling pig with crunchy, golden skin.
Our food tour has been carefully planned to give you an insight into every corner of Bogota cuisine. Your taste buds are going to thank you when you tuck into innovative modern twists on local
ajiaco soup and gourmet ceviche accompanied by aguadiente (local firewater) cocktails at this next tucked away restaurant.
Continue on down through the streets of Old Town Bogota while our local guide recounts stories and history of the city. Famous among locals is this next bakery which has been producing fine snacks served with aguapanela since the 1930s.
Continue winding through the streets of central Bogota and stop en route to try golden buñuelos, a deep-fried almost doughnut-like pastry paired with a local oatmeal smoothie called avena. Then you'll pick up some mouthwatering beef empanadas served with slices of lime and zingy local salsa. There's just enough time to jump into one more seriously historic restaurant which has been serving hungry locals for almost two centuries. Here, you'll tuck into steamy leaf-wrapped chicken tamales with frothy hot chocolate. Sounds like a odd combo? It's good. Trust us.
Sign off the tour with an hour-long coffee workshop where you'll learn the ins and outs of coffee production from three different areas of Colombian, see various methods of steeping, sample three different coffees and discover why the country produces and roasts some of the finest beans in the world. Finish the tour stuffed like a lechona pig with a deeper understanding of what Colombia food and eating culture is all about.
Our group tours are open to those 18+ due to the tejo hall. If you have little ones, please contact us to book a private tour.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Market Square district The Perseverance, 40, Cra. 5 #30 A, Bogotá, Colombia
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Varietale, Dg. 20A ##0-06, Bogotá, Colombia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The group tour is only available for those 18+. If you have children please contact us to arrange a private tour
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not suitable for vegetarians or those with a lactose or gluten allergy
- Other dietary requirements, please get in touch before booking
- Medical conditions, please get in touch before booking
- The tours leave rain or shine. Please wear appropriate clothing
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.