Bogićevica Biking Tour
Bogićevica is a mountain area in the Prokletije. It spreads over Albania, Montenegro and Kosovo. It is about 15 km long and 10 km wide. The mountain area has a number of peaks higher than 2,000 m and two higher than 2,500 m. Marijaš (2,533) and Maja e Ropës (2,502 m) are both located in Kosovo.
A part of Maja e Ropës mountains was declared a mountains flora reserve in 1955 covering an area of 25 h (molika, beech, pine). In the same area the Kozhnjari was declared a fauna reserve covering an area of 161 h especially because of the presence of chamois.
Hrid Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in Montenegro. It is a real pearl of Prokletije massif. It is called ‘’Lake of happiness’’ because it is considered that bathing in it contributes to happiness in marriage, health and well-being. In order to be more secure in the realization of the legend, it is advisable to cast some of the jewelry into the lake.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bicycles, helmets and gloves
- Drive by minivan, van or minibus from place of accommodation to the starting point of biking tour
- Driving by minivan, van or minibus from end point of biking tour to the place of accommodation/stay
- Travel Insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance – optional
Trip facts: track length: 26 km (without descend to the Plavsko lake), max altitude: 700 m, weight: physically medium heavy but demanding tour, duration: 3h - 3h:30mins (we recommend visit and tour of the Hrid Lake - not included in the estimated time), ground: macadam, availability: April - October.
Very attractive ride through incredible landscapes of Bogićevica mountain massif. The whole route is a macadam road. The starting point is ’Babino filed’. from where, through the ‘Bajrović katun’ and the ’Veliki Hrid’, it reaches the hill above Hrid Lake. Optionally, by agreement, you can visit the lake from which discovers a special view of the peaks of the Bogićevica, Hridski karst and Karst of Bogićevica, while follows at a point whose altitude is 2150 meters and is the only place in Montenegro to reach the road to this altitude. From this point, the entire climb ends, and the real paradise for the demanding macadam road cycling starts, with maximum pleasure for the eyes through all Montenegrin and Albanian natural beauties! Through the ’Bogićevica katun’ we arrive at the starting point Babino field and, by agreement, we can continue to descent to the Plavsko Lake.
• Prokletije National Park, Plav, Plav Municipality Montenegro
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat. We pick up from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/1/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Conditions: Good physical and mental health
- Need to bring: Water, Food
- Equipment clothing: Waterproof clothes, Additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions, Firmly shoes
- Recommendation: Take a sweet, energy drink, sun protection.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Availability: April - October each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.