Boat safari & Hikkaduwa coral reef visit including Galle city from Tangalla
Pick up from the Hotel in Tangalla and leave for Balapitiya to commence Boat Safari at Madu River . Take in the unique biodiversity of the Madu River and its surrounding islands that boasts of hundreds of birds, plants, fish and animals. Journey past massive mangrove forests There's plenty more things to do in this trip, your thirst with a refreshing drink of King Coconut Water and then proceed towards the Buddhist Monastery, see how Kraal fishing is carried out, how Ceylon Cinnamon is peeled and enjoy some 'fish therapy' as they playfully nibble your feet at the 'fish spa'. After Lunch Get into a Glass Bottom boat ride at Hikkaduwa to see underwater corals. Arrive at Galle and commence Galle city tour including a visit to the Dutch Fort. Commence return journey to Tanhalla
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation in a A/C Vehicle
- English speaking guide for the entire tour
- Entrance fees & All Govt. Taxes and Surcharges
- Entry/Admission - Madu River
What's excluded :
- Any other tours or services not mentioned above
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madu River, Nilwala River Safari, Bridge View, Custom Road, Balapitiya , Sri Lanka 941906362 Call And Contact, Balapitiya 80550 Sri Lanka
Madu River, a wetland estuary spreading over 900 hectares of which 770 hectares is covered with water and inhabited with 64 islands. The boat ride is a wonderful way to take a closer look at this complex wetland ecosystem, a world heritage site protected by the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands, being one of the last wetlands in Sri Lanka to contain a pristine mangrove forest. Journey past massive mangrove forests, glide under the canopy of the forest tunnels as they curve playfully towards the watercourse. If it's later in the evening watch the fishermen in their canoes lighting lanterns on traps that catch prawn and other shellfish. It's certainly going to be a memorable day-out on the serene waters of the unforgettable Madu River! After an exciting Madu river boat trip, drive down to Galle on the highway and visit a Turtle hatchery near Galle to see various species of Sea Turtles, if you wish you could even release a baby Turtle to the Ocean.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hikkaduwa, Hikkaduwa, Galle District, Southern Province
Hikkaduwa is a small town on the south coast of Sri Lanka. It is located in the Southern Province, about 20 km north-west of Galle. Hikkaduwa is famous for its beach and corals. Villages affected were Telwatta, Paraliya, Dodanduwa, Kahawa, Rathgama. The place is on the way from Colombo to Galle on the famous Galle road. It is primarily a tourist destination, and serves as a great beach with options to surf, snorkel and enjoy the sun.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Galle, Galle, Galle District, Southern Province
A city on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka. It is known for Galle Fort, the fortified old city founded by Portuguese colonists in the 16th century. Stone seawalls, expanded by the Dutch, encircle car-free streets with architecture reflecting Portuguese, Dutch and British rule. Notable buildings include the 18th-century Dutch Reformed Church. Galle Lighthouse stands on the fort’s southeast tip. Built by the Dutch, beginning in 1663, Galle's core is the Fort, a walled enclave surrounded on three sides by the ocean. A key part of the Fort’s appeal is that it isn’t just a pretty place. Sure, tourism now dominates the local economy, but this unique city remains a working community: there are administrative offices and courts, export companies, schools and colleges.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.