Black History Tour - Back to Your Roots (Accra to Assin to Cape Coast to Elmina)
This tour portrays you to the 'Black History' and connect you to your roots. It makes more emphasis on culture and heritage. Our travel leaders/guides are very professional with a very good communication skills.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Entry/Admission - Ancestral Slave River Park
- Entry/Admission - Cape Coast Castle
- Entry/Admission - Elmina Castle
- Entry/Admission - Kakum National Park
What's excluded :
Day 1: Explore Assin Manso Slave Market & River
Stop At: Ancestral Slave River Park, Assin Manso Ghana
We will drive from Accra to Cape Coast, enroute we will visit the Assin Manso Slave Market. This is the final and the last point of the slaves where they had their last bath before they travel through the virgin forest for 3 weeks to the castles and are shipped to the unknown world. We will learn about the slave journey. Over here we will connect to our ancestors at the salve river where they took their last bath.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cape Coast Castle, Cape Coast Ghana
After the tour we will proceed to Cape Coast and have lunch. We will visit the Cape Coast Castle. Cape Coast Castle is one of about forty "slave castles", or large commercial forts, built on the Gold Coast of West Africa by European traders. It was originally a Portuguese "feitoria" or trading post, established in 1555. However in 1653 the Swedish Africa Company constructed a timber fort there.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Coconut Grove Bridge House
Day 2: Explore Elmina & Kakum Rain Forest and Canopy Walk
Stop At: Elmina Castle, Elmina Ghana
Today we will wake up in Ghana's top most historical town. We will visit the Elmina Castle, the oldest European building in existence below the Sahara, the fort Jago, and the salt mining village. We will do a walk through the town pass the ancient historical buildings, the 17th Century Dutch Cemetery. We will take time to learn about some of the historical and very old buildings of Elmina during the days of slavery. There will be an immersion into the culture and the tradition of the people of Ghana. If there is time we will visit homes in the communities to see the way of life of the people and have a deeper insight on the everyday life of the local people.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kakum National Park, Cape Coast Ghana
We will go on the next step of our journey. We will drive to the Kakum National Park, one of the few existing canopies walkway in the world. We will have a canopy walk and after the tour at the rain forest we will head back in time before dark.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Shoprite Accra Mall, Spintex Rd, Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
Your travel leader will be in a Freelancenana Tshirt with name of guide written boldly on it.Airports
- Kotoka Airport, Accra Ghana
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.