Bishnu Dwar (Shivapuri) Hike from Kathmandu
Located in the Northern part of Kathmandu valley, Shivapuri Narjun National Park lies about 12 Kilometer away from the center of capital city. The Shivapuri hill is the second highest hill near Kathmandu valley at an altitude of 2563 m. It is the origination point of revered rivers, Bagmati and Bishnumati. Sprawled over 159 Sq.km. with dense forests it is home to 177 species of birds, including at least 9 threatened species, 102 species of butterflies with a number of rare and endangered species, and 129 species of mushroom. Several surveys have recorded the existence of Indian Leopards, Himalayan Black bears, deer, wild boar and many other precious animals in the park. Shivapuri is also one of the famous bird watching sites around Kathmandu valley, which records over 170 species of the birds.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off service
- Private transfer
- National park entry fee
- Guide fee
What's excluded :
- Any meals or drinks
08:00 am: Pick up from Hotel, drive to Budanilkantha
09:00 am: Reach Budailkantha temple then walk (30-45 min) to Shivapuri National Park entrance gate.
09:45 am: Start to Hike from Pani muhan.
12:30 pm: Reach Bishnu Dwar, enjoy some sightseeing, photography, lunch.
01:30 pm: Hike down towards Pani muhan.
04:00 pm: Get on the vehicle and drive back to Hotel.
• Shivapuri National Park, Shivapuri National Park, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up and drop off from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Hotel pick up and drop off outside Kathmandu city ring road in additional cost.
- Duration of the hike 5 - 6 Hour and Distance: 18 Km approximately.
- Advisable to bring Light trekking shoes, Water (2 litre minimum), Packed Lunch (Put fruits, juice, chocolate, homemade food etc), Hiking stick (optional), Backpack
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.