Birdwatching Walk in Sinharaja Rainforest from Colombo
(SKU: LK75010400) Take this wonderful opportunity to explore the hidden depths of Sinharaja Rainforest in Sri Lanka! Hike through the dense jungle to see its marvels. Consult with your accompanying naturalist for new insights into the ecosystem of Sinharaja. Put your binoculars into use as you do some fun birding. Identify many rare and endemic species of plants and animals.
per adult from
12 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3-hour Wildlife Safari
- Entrance ticket included
- Commentary and advice from knowledgeable safari guide
- Transport in 4WD Safari Jeep
- Highly recommended for Bird Watching
What's excluded :
- Food and Drink
You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo, early in the morning, at 5 am. Your chauffeur will take you on a two and a half hour drive to get to the entrance of Sinharaja Rain Forest. There you will meet up with your naturalist guide who will lead you into the dense undergrowth along secretive trails.
Chinthaka, who will be your naturalist, will help you identify some of the 20 endemic rainforest birds through his extensive birding knowledge, along with showing you the other wildlife, butterflies and rare herbs and plants in the forest. So make sure to have your binoculars and cameras at hand. You may even get to see one of the 15 or so leopards that roam within Sinharaja, as your naturalist highly proficient at finding them and other extremely elusive wildlife.
You will be having lunch at Martin’s Lodge, in the rustic open dining room looking over the beautiful jungle. The food will be delicious traditional Sri Lankan fare cooked by the Martin family who run the lodge. After lunch, you will be continuing your tour - with lots of birding included - until late afternoon. At around 4:30 pm, you will be leaving the forest grounds and will be driven back to Colombo.
• Sinharaja Forest Entrance, Sinharaja Access Road Viharahena, Deniyaya 81500 Sri Lanka
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.