Birdwatching Night Experience with Flashlights in Monteverde
This is the only Night Tour in the country that is primarily focused on Birdwatching.
You will see other kind of animals but the main focus is on Birds.
Tour groups are very small so you will see more and learn more, and with our local expert and his spotting scope you will be taking lots of amazing pictures to bring back home.
The best part is that when you finish the tour, you can ask for a map to come back the next morning to do more birding on your own and/or to explore the beautiful trail system at NO ADDITIONAL COST.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance Fee is also included
- Free entrance to hike some more on your own the next day (until 4 pm)
What's excluded :
- Transportation is not included. Parking lots are available.
Explore Monteverde at Night in Search For Birds (and more...).
First we will start with a small introduction where you will be assigned a local tour guide.
Next, you will walk around the grounds of El Bosque Lodge where many birds find shelter to sleep.
This is where you can easily spend up to an hour finding birds sleeping in trees.
Then, you will enter the lodge's trail system to explore and learn about this preservation area.
This is where you will find a few more birds as well as some of the coolest insects (like walking sticks, tarantulas and leafcutter ants), rare mammals (like porcupines, opossoms, and olingos) and depending on the weather condition snakes and frogs (weather needs to be wet and you need to be lucky).
Finally, you will head back to reception to wrap things up.
This is where you can ask for a map so you can come back the next day to hike the trails on your own (entrance fee is on us!).
Departure Point :El Bosque Monteverde, Route 620 Towards Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve First Right After Restaurant Tramonti, Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, 60109, Costa Rica
Departure Time :7:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not Appropriate For Kids Under 5
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.