Birdwatching day at Chicaque Cloud Forest.
Birdwatching route through several Andean forest paths; Chicaque Natural Reserve is considered as the main birdwatching hot spot near Bogota with over 400 recorded species, among which colorful hummingbirds are highlighted. The park has 300 hectares and their ecosystem is Cloud Forest, that is a beautiful, spectacular because you can explore different thermal floors, from the cold to the warmest.
Colombia is the nation with a biggest biodiversity of birds in the world, with more than 1,900 species.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Reserve fees
- Bottle water
- Expert birdwatching guide
What's excluded :
- Breakfast. the guide will take fruit to share
- Lunch - Lunch (you can take a lunch in a restaurant of the nature reserve or take with you a lunch)
At 5:30 am The guide will pick you up at Bioxury Hotel or in the other pick-up points for the trip to Chicaque Private Reserve, it is a must-see destination for hiking and birdwatching near Bogotá.
Around 7 am the guide will share different types of fruits during a spectacular bird watching.
During this trip, several stops are made to take pictures of the magnificent nature (with a bit of luck it is possible to observe three volcanoes simultaneously).
Our daily goal is that you check at least 50 different species of birds such as tanager, emerald toucan, oak carpenter and different kind of hummingbirds.
After a while to enjoy the energy of nature, your full-day tour of the Chicaque Private Reserve ends with getting back to the city of Bogotá
• Parque Natural Chicaque, Km 8 de la variante La Mesa- Soachao, Chicaque, San Antonio del Tequendama 250057 Colombia
Departure Point :Bioxury Hotel, Cl. 83 #No. 9 – 48, Bogotá, Colombia
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at one of this meeting points. If you want to be picked up in a specific place you will be charged 10 USD extra cost.
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Breakfast (The guide will take fruit to share)
- Operated by a bilingual guide
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (3-5KM Walking)
- Use comfortable clothes, tennis or boots, hat and sunscreen.
- Bring rain coat, Day trip is not cancelled by the weather conditions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.