Birdwatching by boat in a small group in the Pialassa Baiona
Our bird watching tours are organized in a very ecological and "slow" way: it is in fact possible to participate only in small groups (from 2 to 6 people). During the itinerary we make some stops to observe the animals. The optical instruments available to participants allow you to capture moments of nature from a considerable distance, and then enjoy photographic shots. During the summer there are often large groups of flamingos (a few thousand), but also other very beautiful and fascinating species such as the shelduck, avocets, the knights of Italy, oystercatchers, terns. Doing this experience means discovering the fascinating natural and landscape heritage of Pialassa, and, together, retracing the evolution of the territory from Roman times to the present day, touching with your hand the intertwining of nature, history (with the drawing of Garibaldi and the Resistance) and the life of the inhabitants of the valley.
per adult from
What's included :
- Binoculars and telescopes
- Coffee and / or Tea
What's excluded :
The excursion takes place on board a typical small lagoon boat and participants can observe the animal and plant species characteristic of this intertidal brackish lagoon. It is possible to birdwatch with binoculars and spotting scopes made available, and also to make excellent photos at a short distance from species such as Flamingos, Herons, Oystercatchers, Terns, Cormorants, Waders, etc. It will be possible to learn about the historical and geomorphological events typical of this unique environment in Italy and some interesting local Storytelling, with culinary uses of the herbs and fish / molluscs caught in the lagoon. All this can be accompanied by refreshments which in the hottest moments is very welcome. The guide is always available for questions, clarifications and curiosities. We will make a couple of stops along the banks and more spectacular places admiring the typical fishing huts.
• Garibaldi's Hut (Capanno Garibaldi), Via Baiona, 86, Ravenna Italy
• Marina Romea, Marina Romea, Province of Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna
• Pialassa della Baiona, Via delle Valli is located between Statale Romea 309 and Via Baiona in the direction of Porto Corsini., 48123, Ravenna Italy
Departure Point :Viale dei Pioppi, 75, 48100 Marina Romea RA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Participation in the excursion will be subject to acceptance of the security measures aimed at containing the Covid-19 infection: "VADEMECUM in Covid phase". Participants are required to read it and respect it.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.