Birdwatching Boat Ride in Muthurajawela Marsh from Mount Lavinia
(SKU:LK75660200)This boat safari gives you an opportunity to watch the avifauna of Muthurajawela, one of the most famous bird sanctuaries in Sri Lanka. Go on a wonderfully relaxing boat ride on the lagoon of Negombo. See the complex ecosystem of the marshlands. Watch the many water birds and others through your binoculars.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Naturalist and his service
- Bottled water
- Boat Ride in Muthurajawela Lagoon
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Expenses of Personal Nature
You will be starting your tour shortly after dawn, at 7:00 am, near the Boatyard in front of Muthurajawela Sanctuaries. If you select the evening tour on the other hand you will be starting at 3:00 pm. However, keep in mind that the morning slot gives you an increased chance of seeing rarer birds. Your boat will pick you up along with your bird guide.
As you pass along the banks of the waterway, you will notice the diversity of the marshes with the various types of lush plants that line the banks, such as mangroves, palms, various lactic and marsh flora. While watching quietly, with minimal disturbance to nature, you will be able to see the many species of birds birds flocking to the water to quench their thirst, catch fish or eat the fruit and seeds of nearby plant life. You will be able to consult your nature guide on their identification and information.
• Muthurajawela Marsh, Negombo Sri Lanka
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.