Birdwatching and Nature Walk of South Goa
A unique combination of history and nature! This guided nature walk shows you the Portuguese influence on the surrounding environment, and the unique ecosystem that has evolved out of their inhabitation and introduction of exotic species — over 20% of the species in Goa were brought in by the Portuguese!
You'll see the famous bright blue Indian Kingfisher in it's natural habitat, as well as the Great Egret, Striated Heron, and many more!
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
Get right into the heart of nature in South Goa! We’ll go exploring through the local meadows and I’ll take you on a journey through the various plants, trees, herbs, spice plants and more on our way there, then I’ll explain to you how the Portugeuse occupation changed the entire ecosystem here.
Next, the real excitement begins as we watch flocks of birds waking up to the sunrise! We’ll tiptoe right through their natural habitat and I’ll give you binoculars to watch them from afar. I can identify them from specs in the distance, and you’ll soon be learning all their names by heart!
Departure Point :Kader Supermarket, Benaulim, Goa 403716, India
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.