Bird Watching in Sian Ka´an and Muyil Archaeological Site from Akumal
About 20 minutes south of Tulum, we have the opportunity to enjoy an incredible bird diversity, learn about the current Maya culture and the ancient Maya civilization as we walk and look for birds in the village and archaeological site of Muyil.
We explore different habitats in the village with different types of vegetation: mature semi-deciduous jungle in the archaeological site of Muyil and some fresh water wetlands as we walk through flooded jungle using a boardwalk until we reach a fresh water lagoon.
On this tour it is possible to identify from 40 to 80 species of birds (depending on the time of the year).
Depending on the availability of boats, there is also the possibility to add a boat trip across two lagoons and a lazy river floating experience to this tour. We float in a truly unique setting, listening to the sounds of nature, among mangroves, orchids & bromeliads. A calming experience like nothing you have experienced before.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water - Please bring your refillable water bottle - if you dont have one we will provide you with one
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Muyil
- Entry/Admission - Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve
What's excluded :
- Please bring your own binoculars. In case you don´t have any, we do have some available for 10USD per pair.
- If no other people book the tour, single travelers will be given the option of doing it in private
- Extra pick up fees (North of Tulum)
- Extra option: Boat tour and lazy river float at extra cost
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tulum, Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula
Beginning of excursion (from Tulum)
Stop At: Muyil, on Federal Highway 307 Chanyaxche Mexico
Bird watch in a Mayan community. Walk through the village in the search of birds whilst focusing local Mayan everyday life.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica de Muyil, Reforma Agraria-Puerto Juarez km 25 Felipe Carrillo Puerto, Q.R., Mexico, Chunyaxche 77710 Mexico
Bird watch in the Muyil Archaeological Site. Learn about the many species that can be found in this beautiful archaeological site and learn about the history of this old trading post.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Sian Ka'an Mexico
Walk through an ecological board walk though the initial ecosystems of the Sian Ka´an Reserve, giving you another great birdwatching opportunity
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: OXXO, Chanchen Palmar, Camino Acceso A Playas s/N, Yodzonot, 77785 Akumal, Q.R., Mexico
2: Oxxo Puerto Morelos, Av Javier Rojo Gomez 1270, Esq, Av Tulum, Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
3: Micheladas del Semáforo, Smz 18, Joaquín Zetina Gasca, Q.R., Mexico
4: Starbucks, Calle Quinta Avenida S/N, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
5: Go Mart, KM 2695 MZA 29 LTE 2, México 307, 77780 Puerto Aventuras, Q.R., Mexico
6: Mexico Kan Tours- Eco Tours Tulum Riviera Maya, Avenida Tulum S/N. Entre Orion y, Calle Centauro Sur, Tulum Centro, Centro, 77760 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
7: Forum By The Sea, Blvd. Kukulcan, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
The exact pick up time will be confirmed to you once you have provided us with the pick up location. Pick up and Drop off Whithin the immediate Tulum area is included in the price.Additional fee may apply for pick ups between Tulum and Playa del Carmen
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you present any of the following symptoms (fever, dry cough, tiredness, headaches, aches and pains), please refrain from joining the tour, contact us as soon as possible and look for medical assistance
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.