Avitourism is one of the fastest growing types of environmental tourism or ecotourism. This type of travel takes advantage of birding-related events, and many tourist destinations promote birding festivals, hotspots, trails, preserves, parks and other locations to encourage birders to visit an area.
Birdwatchers travel a great deal of distance just to see new or rare birds to add to their book list. Let us spark a little light to your finding and experience the best African adventures that a bird watching tourist seeks to find.
per adult from
4 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified Guide
- Entry/Admission - Mikumi National Park
What's excluded :
- 1.Items of personal nature and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: A7, Mikumi National Park Tanzania
More than 400 bird species have been recorded at Mikumi National Park, with such colourful common residents as the yellow-throated longclaw, bateleur eagle and lilac-breasted roller, joined by a host of European migratory birds from November to April. The hippo pool and Mwanambogo dam are a good place to see some of the water-associated birds like African fish eagle, African spoonbill and hamerkop, and the Mkata river offers great views of African openbills fishing.
All the well-known safari parks offer good birding opportunities, and specials can be found pretty much everywhere you go. From Ruaha NP to Kitulo NP, and all the way to Selous Game Reserve where you will find more than 350 species of birds as well as 2000 species of plants. The often-overlooked Arusha National Park has an amazing diversity of habitats that host an incredible list of 400 species in a small area. Lake Manyara offers a good variety of waterbirds.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickups in Hotels in Dar es Salaam City
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.