Bio Bay Kayak Tour in Fajardo
Experience the glowing waters of Fajardo’s famous Bioluminescent Lagoon with Puerto Rico’s most awarded aquatic adventure provider! Move your arms through the water, and watch how millions of microscopic plankton light up your hands in magical pixie dust spectacle. Paddles leave behind a swirl of blue light and stars cover the sky on this mystical night kayak expedition across Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve. Laguna Grande is the only bioluminescent lagoon in the world, and one of five year-round bioluminescent bodies of water in our globe!
Experience the only year round Bioluminescent Lagoon in the World.
Closest Bio Bay experience from San Juan
Consecutive award winning operator.
Kayak through a protected red mangrove forest
Learn about the reserve’s history, constellations & natural ecosystems.
Includes all kayak and safety equipment
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Eco Guides
- Kayaking 101 and Safety Pre Ride Instructions
- Ecological interpretation of Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve
- Breathtaking paddle through the Red Mangrove Forest
- Kayak, paddles, backrests and Extrasport USCG Approved life jacket
- Low-intensity night time navigation lights
- Light snacks and Refreshments
- Eco Friendly Insect Repellent
What's excluded :
Paddle your way through the mystical mangrove channels leading to “Laguna Grande.” There, you will meet our glowing friends, the Pyrodinium Bahamense, a microscopic plankton capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand! Explore these amazing organisms up close as your professional eco-guides take you to discover all its secrets. Learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life and what you can do to protect such a special place.
This famous bio bay kayak tour includes interesting interpretations about the reserve's fragile ecology, star constellations and a fascinating encounter with billions of bioluminescent organisms. Watch how every stroke of your paddle leaves behind a glowing swirl of blue light and fish light up their path like shooting stars in the water. The adventure to Laguna Grande can only be described as magical!
• Kayaking Puerto Rico | Snorkeling & Adventure Tours, Carr. 987, Km 5.4, Fajardo, 00738, Puerto Rico
• El Faro de las Cabezas de San Juan, Fajardo 00738 Puerto Rico
• Bioluminescent Bay, Laguna Grande Las Croabas, Fajardo 00738 Puerto Rico
Departure Point :Kayaking Puerto Rico | Snorkeling & Adventure Tours, Carr. 987, Km 5.4, Fajardo, 00738, Puerto Rico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum Weight Limit: 250 lbs PER PERSON | 425 lbs per kayak
- Minimum age is 6 years old | Participants Age 6-13 must be accompanied by an adult on the same kayak. Participants 14-17 must have an adult participating on the tour.
- Wear Comfortable clothes that can get wet (bathing suit shorts), shoes that can get wet (flip flops / water shoes), bring a towel and change of clothes (for after the excursion).
- Due to current health restrictions we can ONLY accommodate pair numbered reservations. We cannot accommodate 3 participants in one kayak.
- If you have an odd number party please contact supplier.
- Bring your cell phone during your travel (in the event that we need to contact you, or you need to contact us prior to the excursion)
- This excursion requires a minimum of at least 6 total participants in order to provide the tour. In the event this minimum is not met, we will call 1-2 days prior to the excursion to go over alternative options (i.e. reschedule for a different date or time that has the minimum requirement, payment options for a private excursion, or cancel without penalty)
- For safety reasons we requiere all guests are able to communicate in English or Spanish.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back, neck, wrist, arm, leg problems, recent surgeries / injuries and/or cast.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- An electronic waiver will be sent prior to arrival in order to avoid the touching of any surfaces (find your electronic waiver on your Ticket confirmation). Face masks avaliable for sale ($1.00)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Kayaking Puerto Rico