Biking Trip - Shore Excursion from Koper
Take a ride on one of the most beautiful biking trails in Slovene Istria, where once a narrow gauge railway called Parenzana was situated, and experience an unforgettable day in the unspoiled nature, filling your body with positive energy.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Use of a bicycle and helmet
- Food and wine tasting
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parenzana, Portoroz Slovenia
We will take a bike ride on the Parenzana trail, also known as the route of health and friendship. It runs along the former Istrian narrow gauge railway which at one time connected 33 Istrian towns from Italy (Trieste) to Croatia (Poreč). Over the past decades the route has become the symbol of friendship since it represents a connection between Slovene, Italian and Croatian municipalities. Today it is intended for recreational activities and offers an excellent opportunity to learn about historical facts and places in a more dynamic way. The entire route had 8 tunnels, which are still preserved. During our biking trip we will ride through two of them, both of which are situated in the Slovene part of the Istrian peninsula. The first tunnel connects Izola with Strunjan, whereas the second one is situated between Strunjan and Portorož. Furthermore, we will visit old town centres and cycle along the seashore, through vineyards, olive plantations, tunnels and valleys. Our biking trip will start in the port town of Koper. We will then cycle along the seashore towards the fishing town of Izola, where our tourist guide will talk about the culture and history of the area. After a short stop, we will visit a salt evaporation pond, situated right above the first tunnel, and our guide will explain us the importance of salt for the region. After passing through the tunnel, we will reach the final point of our trip, where we will refresh ourselves with tasting of excellent traditional wine and food.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Koper, Koper, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
Biking through Koper
Pass By: Izola, Izola, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
Biking through Izola
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- The pickup is flexible (any hotel, apartment, cruise terminal, bus station, train station etc.).- For Cruise Passengers the tour departs from Cruise Passenger Terminal in Koper, Slovenia. Your guide will be holding a sign with KoperTrips and Viator logos. - For Hotel Guests the departure location is flexible. Please advise supplier as soon as possible your hotel details or any other preferred pickup location.Ports
- Port of Koper
Departure Time :10/29/2019 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Cruise Passengers must advise supplier as soon as possible: ship name, arrival time and departure time
- Hotel Guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.