Bike Tour - Tijuca Rainforest Cycling Adventure
Rio's first Jungle Bike Tour invites you to escape the city heat and bike in nature! The Bike Tour - Tijuca Rainforest takes you to the world famous Christ the Redeemer statue and gives you an excellent glimpse of the vast nature that lies in the Tijuca Rainforest. This tour provides you some unforgettable views of Rio from above and smaller waterfalls for refreshment
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Roundtrip transfer to most hotels in South Zone of Rio
- High quality mountain bicycle
- Helmet & gloves
- Water & snacks
- Professional bilingual tour guide (english and portuguese)
What's excluded :
- Tickets to the Corcovado Mountain
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer, Estrada Redentor - Alto da Boa Vista Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22241-330 Brazil
The tour starts by picking you up from where you are staying in Rio (if you’re located in the south of the city; if not, we’ll see you at a designated meeting point). and driving you up to the top of the Corcovado where you will visit Christ the Redeemer monument, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and Brazil’s most well-known landmark. From here, the professional guide will help you get adjusted to the bikes and start cycling the lush jungle below.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
The Tijuca forest was established in 1861 to combat the intense deforestation of the area for coffee and sugarcane cultivation. It is one of only a handful of urban rainforests in the world. And it doesn’t disappoint! With breathtaking flora and fauna to admire, this is one scenic bike ride you’ll never forget!
You will have the oportunity to cycle alongside chirping birds, monkeys in the trees above, waterfalls to your side and numerous panoramic views that will leave you snapping many photos of Rio’s beauty from above to share with your friends and family back home.
It is a healthy experience and probably one of the best adventure tours in Rio!
After an eventful bike ride, we’ll drive you back to your accommodation or designated meeting point. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else there is to see, do and eat in fabulous Rio de Janeiro!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Belmond Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange pick up from hotels/hostels in the southern area of Rio: Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Botafogo, and Laranjeiras. Otherwise pick-up will be from the Copacabana Palace Hotel, near the Ibrahim Sued statue.Address: Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Route is subject to modification from the tour guide due to: 1.) weather conditions (strong rain) and 2.) High season for tourism (December-February) in which lines for Christ Redeemer are over 90 minute wait.
- We recommend that you wear light clothes and walking shoes. If you want you can also bring a small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen and a cap or hat and money for any extras that you might want.
- The tour date might change depending on weather conditions and other variables.
- Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Maximum of 12 people per group/tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Additional measures might be added to our list of procedures as we receive guidance from the local health and safety authorities and as more information becomes available. And some of these restrictions might be lifted at some point in the future if we are authorized to do so by local authorities
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.