Big Picture of Belgrade - Fortress With a View
The Fortress is the #1 attraction of Belgrade. Why go with us? To get beyond the obvious.
You'll see the big picture and get the epics of Belgrade.
You'll grasp the physical and cultural border between the Balkans and Central Europe.
You'll discover traces of empires who were building and destroying Belgrade.
And there is more than meets the eye: the mysterious underground chambers!
Let us take you to a 2000-years-long journey in just over two hours.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - The Belgrade Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Belgrade Fortress
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Belgrade Fortress, Kalemegdan Park, Belgrade 11000 Serbia
• Beautiful panoramic views over the rivers and their confluence and New Belgrade and Zemun
• Iconic Belgrade monuments and landmarks
• Historical and political overview and intrigue, from the descent of Roman Empire to Ottomans and Habsburgs to the Cold War era
• Greenery of the park
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Belgrade Fortress, Belgrade, Serbia
You'll be excited to find out why the Noon bell in all churches in Europe is directly related to Belgrade.
Which sultan called the Belgrade Fortress his Contemplation hill.
What happened when Nazis bombed Belgrade in 1941.
And what happened when there was a Soviet invasion threat in the 1950ies.
Guess which movie maker told the press he felt very inspired after getting underground!
We start with the ancient Romans and trace the successive powers who fought for this piece of earth, water and sky. Every step takes you past the gates and walls, dungeons and towers. Every sight is a monument and memory of war and peace, life and death, rise and fall of empires and people that left their mark in time.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kalemegdan Park and Belgrade Fortress, Kalemegdan, Belgrade Serbia
Panoramic views and sunset watching!
For the romantics we recommend scheduling the tour around sunset. Sunset in Belgrade is around 5.30 in autumn, 4.30 pm in winter, around 6 pm in April and May and after 7 pm in summer.
The views from the Fortress include the rivers Sava and Danube, their confluence and two other towns that belong to Belgrade. New Belgrade, once the capital of Socialist Yugoslavia, and Zemun, a quiet Central European looking place.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Belgrade City Library, Kneza Mihaila 56, Beograd 11000, Serbia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.