Big Island Photo Tour: Hawaiian Sunset and Astrophotography
Take part in a guided adventure of exploring the Kohala Coast of the Big Island. We follow up with the best astrophotography location in Hawaii. Discover our exclusive and handpicked places for capturing great content and creating memories to treasure.
Your afternoon starts with a drive out to Lapakahi State Park for a glimpse of old Hawaii. A look into the past as it was like to live as a Native Hawaiian of a time long ago. Continue to the renowned Polulu Valley, you will capture astonishing views of this spectacular valley and its long black sand beach. Next, you will visit the original King Kamehameha I Statue in the historical Hawi Town.
As sunset draws near, prepare to embrace the changing colors of the sky as we position you in perfect timing for an enchanting sunset on the scenic Kohala Mountain Road. Finally, discover the brilliance of the night sky at a secluded location and test out your photo settings against the twinkling stars and the milky way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Lapakahi State Historical Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lapakahi State Historical Park, Highway 270 -- Akoni Pule Hwy North Kohala, Island of Hawaii, HI
A look into the past as it was like to live as a Native Hawaiian of a time long ago. This coastal park is one of the most well-preserved settlements on the island and will bring a historic value to your photo collection.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Original King Kamehameha Statue, Highway 270, Kapaau, Island of Hawaii, HI 96755
we will take you to visit downtown Hawi. Here you will photograph the King Kamehameha I Statue. This statue is a tribute to the great warrior, diplomat, and leader.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pololu Valley Lookout, End of Hwy. 270, Island of Hawaii, HI 96755
an impressive valley carved into the Kohala Volcano.
You will capture astonishing views of this spectacular valley and its long black sand beach
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Kohala Mountain Road, Route 250, Hawi, Island of Hawaii, HI
As sunset draws near, prepare to embrace the changing colors of the sky as we position you in perfect timing for an enchanting sunset on the scenic Kohala Mountain Road.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Saddle Road, Hawaii Highway 200, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
discover the brilliance of the night sky at a secluded location and test out your photo settings against the twinkling stars and milky way.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Starbucks at Queen's Market Pine Tree CafeLongs Drugs at Keauhou Shopping Center
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.