Bidong Island 'Little Saigon from Kuala Terengganu
As many as a quarter of a million refugees spent some time at Bidong throughout those years. From the late 70's till 1991, Pulau Bidong was an island camp for Vietnamese refugees (boat people) fleeing from Communist persecution and hardship, and was declared a restricted zone, off-limits to visitors. Mainly ethnic Chinese, at its peak, there were as many as 45,000 Vietnamese 'boat people' living here. Today, all the refugees have been resettled in other parts of the world or have repatriated, and after 1999, restrictions on visiting the island was lifted.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guide English Speaking
- Return Hotel Transfer Kuala Terengganu
- Air-Condition Mini Van
- Packed Lunch
- Snorkeling Boat Trip
- Boat Transfer to Merang Jetty
- Snorkeling mask,Snokel,Life Jacket
- Entry/Admission - Bidong View Beach Resort
What's excluded :
- Outdoor Emergency Survival First Aid Kit & Personal Medication
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Magunatip Holidays, 9 Jln Stesen Sentral 5 27 Floor Axiata Tower, Kuala Lumpur 50470 Malaysia
Stop At: Bidong View Beach Resort, 21020 Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia
Man-made structures erected at Heritage Row area have now become homes and shelters to colourful marine life, adding to the amazing array of biodiversity in these waters. Need a dive buddy? Not to worry as turtles or Big Eye Snappers and many more reef fishes will happily accompany you around!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Outskirts of Kuala Tereangganu Hotels / Resorts ; surcharge applies.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring along:
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Hat / Cap
- Extra Bottle Water
- Comfortable Sandals
- Towel Please read the following and why we recommend to visit Bidong Island; COMING back to Bidong, I was reminded once again of the powerful forces of nature and how lucky we were to have survived that journey in a leaky boat 10.5m long with 61 people on board. I was reminded of the dark-skinned Malay men in sarong in two boats who were so kind to give us water and food to carry on. Yes, I met them again last March. They are the heroes and the angels in my heart. I will never forget those images for the rest of my life. On this trip, I was also reminded that most people are good people. It was a beautiful feeling to realise that people whom I had never known or met would extend a helping hand and set aside an island for our temporary housing needs. – Daniel Nguyen, former Pulau Bidong boat person
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.