Bharatnatyam Classical Dance Experience in Chennai
Bhartanatyam is one of the oldest dance forms in India. In this half-day session an accomplished dancer will bring alive this magical dance form through mythological stories, gestures and expressions. Guests will learn the language, concepts, and history of this dance form. By the end of the session, you will learn to narrate an episode in a story through Bharatnatyam.
• Introduction to Bharatnatyam
• Demonstration of actions, footwork and hand gestures
• Representation of everyday objects, animals and emotions
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Kalanritya Arts Academy(Bharatanatyam dance classes)
What's excluded :
- Additional food or drink (unless specified)
- Items of a personal nature
- Visit: Kalanritya Arts Academy(Bharatanatyam dance classes), 20/75, Sannadhi First St, Ganapathy Colony, Royapettah, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600014, India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and taken to the venue.
Your instructor will introduce you to this classical dance form that originated in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. Traditionally, it has been a solo dance that was performed exclusively by women in Shiva temples. Later its popularity spread to the courts of Kings. Today the dance is practised by both male and female dancers and modern stage productions narrate non-religious ideas and fusion themes.
This dance form is believed to be over 2000 years old and reference to it can be traced back to ancient Sanskrit texts, notably the Natya Shastra by Bharata Muni and the Tamil epic, Silappatikaram.
During the session, the instructor will demonstrate the Bharatanatyam style that is noted for its fixed upper torso, legs bent or knees flexed out combined.
After the dance class, you will be dropped back at your hotel.
( Dance classes places may subject to change as per availability of performer)
Departure Point :Kalanritya Arts Academy(Bharatanatyam dance classes), 20/75, Sannadhi First St, Ganapathy Colony, Royapettah, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600014, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :1/1/2020 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Pickup reconfirmation is required upon booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.