Beyond Bangkok Market Adventure - Railway and Floating Markets Small Group Tour
Discover the unique markets outside of Bangkok on this market adventure tour. Head to the famous Maeklong Railway Market where vendors set up their goods along an active railway line and see what happens when the train comes through. Then head to the Damnoen Saduak floating market and weave through waterways as vendors sell their various goods. Purchase souvenirs or some delicious Thai treats before heading back to Bangkok.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Private transportation during the tour
- Boat ride
- Light snacks
- Entry/Admission - Maeklong Railway Market (Talad Rom Hub)
- Entry/Admission - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maeklong Railway Market (Talad Rom Hub), Si Champa Alley, Mae Klong 75000 Thailand
You'll start your tour with a drive-by private vehicle to the railway market, about 1.5 hours from Bangkok. Please be on time for your tour! We'll need to leave at 6:30 am sharp or you'll miss the excitement at the surreal railway market. And trust us, you need to see it to believe it! Vendors set up their goods along active railway tracks, with fresh produce, fabrics, cooking supplies and more all lined up a mere few inches from the track's edge (and in some cases, right on top of the tracks). You'll get to see what happens when the train comes through: vendors gather up their things and lower their canopies, and both vendors and shoppers step aside as the train travels right through the middle of the market. Once the train leaves, business resumes as though nothing had disrupted them! Between the train schedule, your guide will lead you around the market and introduce you to traditional Thai foods, from desserts to snacks to fresh fruits. We'll then continue on a short drive to a palm sugar plantation, where we'll visit the house of a villager who still makes palm sugar the traditional way. There are a lot of coconut palm tree plantations in Thailand, and the local wisdom of making organic palm sugar from the nectar of coconut flowers has been passed down from generation to generation.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Damnoun Saduak, Ratchaiburi, Damnoen Saduak 70130 Thailand
Onward, we'll board a small boat for a ride through narrow village canals, to reach the famous floating market of Damnoen Saduak — keep your camera ready as this place is a non-stop photo op. If anything catches your eye along your boat ride, let your guide know and you can stop to chat with vendors and purchase something to take home (or to eat right there!).
We'll then depart the boat and walk around to explore more of the market. You'll find a variety of Thai foods, such as seasonal tropical fruits from local orchards, as well as souvenirs, all available on both river banks.
Around noon, we'll head back to Bangkok and return you to the meeting point which is right next to BTS (Skytrain) station National Stadium. Your local guide will be happy to give you directions back to your accommodation or to other sites you should see.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Lub d Bangkok Siam, 925, 9 Rama I Rd, Khwaeng Wang Mai, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress casually and comfortably for walking.
- You must arrive at the meeting point ON TIME. Due to the train schedule at the Railway Market, we will not be able to wait longer than 5 minutes. We recommend aiming to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Please note, if any of the sites in the itinerary happen to be closed due to reasons beyond our control, an alternative site will be visited.
- Near public transportation
- Traffic conditions may delay the return journey to Bangkok
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Instead of visiting one of the many palm sugar plantations that have been set up for tourists to see and learn about the process, we visit a local family at their village plantation where they make palm sugar daily throughout the year. The family have been here for generations and bringing our small groups provides some additional income for them.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.