Bethlehem and Jericho Private Biblical Tour from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
We drive from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem with our private tour guide to Explore holiest sites in Bethlehem and Jericho. In Bethlehem visit the Church of Nativity, site of Jesus birth. We visit St. Catherine Church and the Milk Grotto where Mary nursed Jesus. Leaving Bethlehem we pass Shepherd's Field and the Inn of the Good Samaritan heading south. We look over Wadi Kelt and see the Monastery of St. George clinging to the side of the steep cliffs. Pause for a photo-op at sea level then visit Jericho and the archaeological mound where the remains of 25 ancient civilizations were discovered.
• Receive the undivided attention of a private guide on this private tour
• Guided tour of the popular Holy Land sights by local experts
• Experience some of the holiest sites in Bethlehem and Jericho private tour.
• Discover the Church of the Nativity
• Explore Bethlehem's Christian landmarks
• Hotel pick up and drop-off from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned car.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry fees, parkings, meals and are not included.
- Entry/Admission - Tel Jericho
- Entry/Admission - The Church of St. Catherine
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Good Samaritan Museum, Road 1, between Jerusalem and Jericho, Jericho Palestinian Territories
We drive south from Jerusalem in the direction of the Dead Sea on the way we pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan and continue on through the Biblical wilderness of the Judean Desert.
We pause at the mark which indicates that we have reached "sea level" and from there we continue on to Jericho 258 meters below sea level before descending to Jericho.
Stop At: Jericho, Jericho, West Bank
Jericho This ancient city features in both the New and Old Testament. Joshua led his troops around the city walls until they fell and Jesus entered Jericho after his sojourn in the wilderness .
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zaccheus' Tree, Sharia Ein Es-Sultan, Jericho Palestinian Territories
When Jesus entered Jericho, The City of Palms, the tax collector Zachaeus climbed a sycamore tree to see him better and we stop to take a look at this ancient tree.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Mount of Temptation Monastery, Mount of Temptation, Jericho Palestinian Territories
Jesus spent forty days and forty nights on the nearby Mount Temptation, here the devil tried to turn Jesus away from God but Jesus responded "Man shall not live by bread alone.
Stop At: Tel Jericho, Israel
Option to visit Tel Jericho - Ancient Archaeological Mound
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Judaean Hills, Judaean Hills, Jerusalem District
Our journey takes us back towards Jerusalem and the Judean Mountains where we visit Bethlehem, both the home of Jesse, King David's father and the place where Jesus was born.
Stop At: Bethlehem, Bethlehem, West Bank
Visit the Historical sites in Bethlehem
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Church of the Nativity, Manger Square .15 minutes walking from bus 231, Bethlehem Palestinian Territories
From Manger Square we enter through a small door into the Church of the Nativity. The Church of the Nativity was built in the 4th century over the grotto where Jesus was born and later in the 6th century the church was reconstructed. In recent times the church has been restored and renovated.
Within the church is the Grotto of the Nativity where a star marks the spot where Jesus was born and an altar to the three Wise Men.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Church of St. Catherine, Bethlehem Palestinian Territories
Next we visit the Crusader Church of Saint Catherine and see the underground grotto where Saint Jerome painstakingly translated the Bible from Hebrew to Latin, creating the Vulgate.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: כנסיית שדה רועים, Beit Sahour. Beit Sahour
We leave Bethlehem on our return journey to Jerusalem and pass Shepherds Field. It was here that shepherds watched their sheep by night on Christmas Eve. After an exhilarating and spiritually-charged journey the Bethlehem and Jericho tour comes to an end.
Departure Point :1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Jerusalem, Israel
3: Herzliya, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Tel Aviv: 08:30 Pickup from Jerusalem: 08:30Pickup from Herzliya: 08:30
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport compulsory.
- This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen. Modest dress and head covering are required for visiting holy sites in Jerusalem.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.