Best of Rome & Vatican Highlights
Peel back layers of time inside the ancient and beautiful Roman Forum where your guide will explain their roles in the rise and demise of Rome! At the Colosseum, get privileged skip the line access through the remarkable Gladiator's Gate! Walk across the arena floor while marveling at the 360-degree view of the Icon of Rome. After exploring the various levels and views, you will be free to wander around the Colosseum on your own until closing time. We reconvene in the afternoon near the Vatican Museums and head straight inside! See all the major works of art by masters such as Perugino, Giotto, Raphael, and of course Michelangelo. Time inside the magnificent Sistine Chapel is the absolute highlight.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Two tours in one day of ancient Rome and the Vatican Museums with Sistine Chapel inside experience!
- Expert local guides - An Archaeologist for ancient Rome then an Art Historian at the Vatican
- Small, intimate groups so you won't miss any details, directions or information
- Tried and trusted routes through the very best of Rome & the Vatican City
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
After an extended walking tour of all the major points of interest in Rome's historic center, we meet beneath Trajan's Column on the edge of ancient Rome to prepare for a fascinating trip back in the time to the realm of Emperors, Gladiators and beasts!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The heart and soul of ancient Rome.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Enter the Icon of Rome and understand what it really meant to kill or be killed as a gladiator in ancient Rome.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Wander around the birthplace of the City of Rome, where the legend of Romulus Remus came to pass, where Rome really was Caput Mundi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Vast museums inside the Vatican City which house many thousands of ancient works of art and sculpture. The most important museum complex in the world!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Simply the most colourful room in the world! Michelangelo's ceiling will deeply impress all who enter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For security reasons, backpacks, rucksacks, large handbags, luggage etc. not permitted inside Colosseum / Roman forum
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may become necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event that the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter's Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica itself will be extended and no refunds made
- Maximum 15 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We take the necessary post-coronavirus precautions on all our tours. This tour is checked several times daily for health and hygiene compliance and maintenance of secure operational standards.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.