Best of Macedonia Tour
This is quite a comprehensive tour of Macedonia which has been developed to offer the visitors the possibility to explore and experience the best the country offers. It does highlight all the major attractions that the country offers including special important UNESCO places, yet it is compact enough to be completed in the time span of a long weekend.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport from and to the airport and for all itinerary with A/C vehicle
- Accommodation in selected 3* hotels
- English speaking Guide who is also the driver 1-4 participants
- Separate driver and guide for min 6 participants
- Toll road payments
What's excluded :
- Flight tickets
- Lunches and dinners
- Gratuities to driver/guide
- Everything not mentioned in the “Includes” section
- Day 1. Skopje Airport – Tetovo – Ohrid (200 km, 3 hours drive)Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to Tetovo one of the largest cities in Macedonia home to a majority ethnic Albanian population, to visit one of its most important monuments known as the Painted or Decorated Mosque. The colourful mosque was originally built in 1438 and later rebuilt in 1833 by Abdurrahman Pasha. It was financed by two sisters from Tetovo. More than 30,000 eggs were used to prepare the paint and glaze that went into the elaborate decorations. We continue onto Ohrid a UNESCO site where we take a visit of the old town and a few other sites: Church St. Sofia, built between the 11th and 14th century, which was the seat of the Archbishop. “St. Clement”, a classic Orthodox Byzantine church, dominating the Old Town, demonstrates the link between Byzantine and Italian Renaissance art. St. John at Kaneo, stands alone on a small peninsula which juts out into the lake at the western end of the Old Town, and provides spectacular panoramic views of the lake and surrounding mountains.Overnight in Ohrid .
Day 2. Ohrid – Bitola – Ohrid (UNESCO) (150 km, 3.5 hours drive)After breakfast drive to Bitola the second largest in the country, historically known as Monastir or Manastır and often called the city of consuls during the Ottoman period, since many European countries had their consulates there. Bitola is one of the oldest cities on the territory in the Republic of Macedonia. It was founded as Heraclea Lyncestis by Philip II of Macedon in the middle of the 4th century BC. After this we we visit the rich Museum of Bitola and return to Ohrid. Overnight in Ohrid.
Day 3. Ohrid – Kalista – Vevcani – Struga – St. Naum – Ohrid (130 km, 3 hours drive)After breakfast drive Kalishta to visit the monastery complex of small cave churches situated high up in the rocks. The trip continues towards the village Vevcani built on a steep hillside and sheltered by a mountain. The famous Vevcani springs have a water flow of between 400-4000Lt/sec. Continue on to Struga where the Black Drim river starts its journey to the Adriatic and then after return to Ohrid. In the afternoon take a boat trip to St. Naum Monastery. In the monastery we follow the path of St. Naum, meeting the legends of all the miracles he made.
Day 4. Ohrid – Stobi – Skopje (260 km, 4 hours drive)After breakfast we drive to Skopje capital of Macedonia on the Vardar River. On the way visit Stobi archaeological site, thought to be the most important excavation in Macedonia. In Skopje we, visit the old Turkish bazaar and Mahmut Pasha Hammam, the Castle of Skopje, the memorial house of Mother Teresa, the Macedonia Plaza and stone bridge. Overnight in Skopje.
Day 5. Skopje – Airport After breakfast free to explore until time of transfer to the airport.
Departure Point :Skopje
Return Detail :Skopje
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.