Best of Athens in One Day: Acropolis, Acropolis Museum & City Tour
Pack a lot of punch in your visit to Athens and explore 2.500 years of culture and history in only 7 hours! Experience the best of what Athens has to offer in an impressive, see-it-all tour around the historical city that will give you insight into its past and present. Follow your expert local guide around the most significant archaeological sites, such as the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum, and pass by the city highlights while chatting and getting familiar with Greek culture!
per adult from
What's included :
- A 7-hour private tour of Athens with an excellent licensed tour guide
- Private guided tour to Acropolis, Acropolis Museum & the city highlights
- Goodbye gift as a memento of your experience
- All taxes and VAT
What's excluded :
- Your lunch
- Entrance fee tickets (we can pre-purchase skip the line tickets for you)
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
Begin your full-day adventures with the obvious choice: the Acropolis Hill. Let your guide show you the way up the sacred rock, as they explain the history behind the Acropolis' impressive monuments, including the Parthenon, the Temple of Nike, the Propylaea and the Erechtheion, and narrate myths of the past.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Following your visit to the Acropolis Hill, you will walk the short distance to the modern Acropolis Museum. The impressive museum's halls host exhibits and artifacts nearly 3.000 years old, leaving its visitors in awe. With your licensed guide by your side, you will learn everything about the customs and daily life of the ancient Greeks, while marveling at the impressive thousand-year-old creations.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Plaka, Athens 10556 Greece
After the Acropolis museum, you'll stroll around the picturesque neighborhood of Plaka in order to admire its emblematic neoclassical buildings and monuments such as the Choragic Monument of Lysicrates! The old-time charm and relaxed vibe of the region will surely make Plaka one of your favorite spots of Athens!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Roman Agora, Polignotou 3, Athens 105 55 Greece
After Plaka, you will have the opportunity to admire Roman Agora from the outside, built between 19 and 11 B.C. with a donation of Julius Caesar and Augustus.
Pass By: Monastiraki, Athens Greece
Descend the streets of Athens and reach the electrifying Monastiraki Square, popular for its historic monuments and diverse flea market. Watch the 18th and 19th century Athens unfold before your eyes and admire the Tzistarakis mosque, Hadrian's library, and the Pantanassa church; all significant parts of Athens' heritage.
Pass By: Syntagma, Syntagma, Athens, Attica
Your walk will continue onto Syntagma square, where you can gaze at the Greek parliament and the famous fountain that decorates its center. If you're lucky, you may also catch the changing of the presidential guards, which are called 'Evzones' and are dressed in the traditional Greek uniform, that takes place every hour!
Pass By: National Garden, Leoforos Amalias 1, Athens 10557 Greece
Escaping the concrete jungle, next, you will walk to the National Garden of Greece, right next to the Greek Parliament, where you will have the chance to breathe in the scent of the hundreds of plant species.
Pass By: Panathenaic Stadium, Vassileos Konstantinou Avenue opposite the statue of Myron Discobolus, Athens 116 35 Greece
Walk towards the Panathenaic Stadium, where the 1st modern Olympic Games took place!
Pass By: Temple of Olympian Zeus, Leoforos Vasilissis Olgas Leoforos Amalias, Athens 105 57 Greece
Your tour will come to an end once you turn your eyes towards the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the colossal temple at the center of the Greek capital, dedicated to the father of gods!
Departure Point :Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that this is a walking tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.