Berry picking and wildlife
Escape the city for a day and join us for this authentic nature experience! During this trip, you will walk through a national park and pick your own wild berries.
Finland is one of the best places in the world for foraging wild foods. Whether you are here to experience the Finnish culture of berry picking or simply taste the most natural berries nature provides, you will treasure this intimate experience in Finland's wilderness. Our tours are exclusive since our group size never exceeds 8 persons.
On this tour, we fill our baskets with Finnish superfoods such as blueberries and lingonberries. These are rich with vitamins and nutrients and sweeter than any berry you could buy from the stores!
We take you to Liesjärvi national park which is a hidden gem of Southern Finland. This national park is very quiet so we can collect berries at our own pace. A breathtaking landscape carved by glaciers and shrouded by old-growth forest provides a magical setting to spend the day foraging.
per adult from
What's included :
- Berry picking bag
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea - Finnish-style coffee over the campfire.
- Lunch - Finnish-style lunch over the campfire.
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - As we are sustainable company we don't provide plastic bottles for guests, but we highly recommend you to take your own water bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Liesjarven Kansallispuisto, Korteniementie, Liesjarvi 31380 Finland
When we have arrived at the national park, we will begin our walk through the forest to some of our favorite berry picking spots. Our guide will explain which berries are edible as well as provide information about the forest and wildlife around you. You will be provided with a paper bag to collect your berries.
Once we pick enough berries, we will make our way to the campfire by the lakeside. While your guide starts the fire and cooks a traditional Finnish-style lunch and coffee, there will be plenty of time to take photos, snack on the berries, socialize, and experience the tranquility of the Taiga forest. The group size never exceeds 8 guests. This ensures that everyone will receive personal instruction and the opportunity to have their questions answered by our guide.
After lunch we will continue to explore the natural beauty of Liesjärvi while making our way back to the starting point. The day will be complete with your stomach full of berries and you will be fully charged from this wonderful nature experience.
On this day trip we spend approximately 4.5 hours within the national park. With transportation the total length of this nature tour is 7 hours.
Please bring a water bottle with you, and we recommend you to take a hat to cover your head and long sleeves/pants for protection against bugs (we will provide bug spray). We also provide a raincoat in case of rain.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.