Bergen city overview private walking tour
Get a taste of Bergen on this 4-hour city sightseeing walking tour. The first part of the excursion gives you an introduction to Bergen’s centre. Stop at the main sights in the centre of Bergen and find great photo opportunities. Pass old wooden houses and cobblestone streets listening to your knowledgeable guide.
Meet your guide at your hotel lobby or at the cruise ship port and take a four-hour walk around the city.
First part of the tour gives you an introduction to Bergen’s center: visit medieval Bergenhus Fortress after that take a walk along Bryggen embankment and admire Bergen Cathedral.
Then you will have the chance to visit Mount Fløyen with famous funicular – The Fløibanen.
After that, your guide will advise you on a restaurant of your choice.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- Entrance tickets
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Bergenhus Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Domkirken (Bergen Cathedral)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Floyen and the Funicular
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bergenhus Fortress, Bergen Norway
Bergenhus fortress is a fortress located in Bergen, Norway. Located at the entrance of Bergen harbour, the castle is one of the oldest and best-preserved stone fortifications in Norway. Be prepared to spend time in the great Bergenhus Fortress Museum with its fascinating exhibits relating to the contribution of women and resistance groups during the 1940-45 German occupation. Afterwards, stroll up to the walled remains of Sverresborg, a fortress built around 1660 on the remains of an even older 12th Century castle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf, Bergen 5003 Norway
Colorful Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf is one of Bergen's most popular tourist attractions. Chock full of restaurants, studios, workshops, and boutique shops, its narrow alleyways and old wooden merchant houses simply beg to be explored. Guided English-language walking tours of Bryggen are available from June through September, where you can learn about the Hanseatic merchants and life in medieval Bergen, as well as visit ruins from the Middle Ages. While here, check out the fascinating Bryggen Museum with its many displays and artifacts dating back to the 14th century and the city's early settlers.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Domkirken (Bergen Cathedral), Kong Oscargate and Domkirkegate, Bergen Norway
Bergen Cathedral is a cathedral in the city of Bergen in Vestland county, Norway. It is the episcopal seat of the Diocese of Bjørgvin as well as the seat of the "Bergen domkirke" parish and the seat of the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery). It is part of the Church of Norway. The first recorded historical reference to this church is dated 1181. It retains its ancient dedication to Saint Olaf. The cathedral seats about 1,000 people.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Floyen and the Funicular, Vetrelidsallmenningen 23A, Bergen 5014 Norway
To the northeast of Bergen stands Fløyfjell, a 319-meter peak offering beautiful views of the city and the surrounding area. If walking is not your thing, you can take a funicular to the top. When you're done with the spectacular views of Bergen, leave the station behind and head to Blåmann - at 551 meters, the panoramic views from the top of this peak are well worth the effort.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Bergen Cruise Pirs, Skoltegrunnskaien, 5003 Bergen, Norway
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.