Bentota - Sigiriya – Dambulla- Minneriya National Park : 2 Days Trip
Discover the Rich Culture & Heritage, Wild Life and Nature of Sri Lanka visiting World Heritage sites such as Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Dambulla Golden Rock Cave Temple; enjoying some extra unique activities such as Minneriya National Park by Jeep safari for fantastic Elephant spotting and Experience the Hiriwadunna Village Trek, traditional village & cooking demonstration.
This is a most popular trip when visiting Sri Lanka.
This two day tour has the distinction of enabling clients to stay in style and experience in the 3* hotel accommodation, located in impressive surroundings with service concentrating on the care and attention that enhances a holiday.
You will be provided with luxury air-conditioned, comfortable vehicle with a professional English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide to help with your tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Overnight - 3 * Hotel, Sigiriya (BB), Double Room
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Bentota/Kalutara /Wadduwa as Per Customer Pickup Points
- English-Speaking Guide
- Vehicle Passenger Insurance
- Fuel Charges
- Bottled water- two 500 ml bottles per person per day
What's excluded :
- Lunches & Dinner
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Cave Temple
- Entry/Admission & Jeep - Minneriya National Park safari by Jeep
- Entry/Admission - Lions Rock Fortress, Sigiriya
- Cost - Village Tour
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Tips to guides, restaurants, and hotel lobby. Tipping is expected.
- • Any other expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Royal Cave Temple
- Entry/Admission - Minneriya National Park
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
Day 1: Bentota /Kautara / Wadduwa - Dambulla- Minneriya National Park - Sigiriya
Stop At: Dambulla Royal Cave Temple, Kandy - Jaffna Highway, Dambulla 21100 Sri Lanka
Early morning leave for Dambulla (approx. 3 ½ hours drive from Colombo) and climb the Rock Cave Temple in Dambulla.
The Dambulla cave Temples are another UNESCO World Heritage site which date back to the 1st Century BC. This cave monastery, with its five sanctuaries was first used as a refuge by an ancient king who upon regaining his throne commissioned magnificent images to be carved from the rock. Later kings' mage further improvements and the caves now contain 150 images of the Buddha painted upon the walls.
The hike up to the caves is short but steep (approx. 15-40 mins depending on route taken). At the top you can explore the caves and enjoy spectacular far-reaching views over the surrounding countryside.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Minneriya National Park, Maradankadawala-Habarana-Thirukkondaiadimadu Highway, Minneriya 50150 Sri Lanka
After lunch head out on a Jeep safari at Minneriya National Park (3 hrs) and travel to the hotel for one night stay.
Do not miss out on this quintessential safari destination that offers the best spotting of wildlife in its strikingly beautiful forest.
This National Park with 8889 hectares in extent is famous for it large population of elephants in herds of 100 to 150 roaming in the jungle and seen in the catchment area of the lake. Capture the golden opportunity to witness the Asia’s largest gathering of mighty elephants, wandering in the green grassland overlooking the beautiful Minneriya reservoir- the heart of the life of the national park.
Elephants, about 300 wild elephants, wild buffaloes, wild boar, spotted deer, sloth bear, sambhur, leopards, crocodiles, jackals, 9 kinds of reptiles, 160 spececies of birds, 26 varieties of fishes, 78 varieties f butterflies are recorded from the Minneriya National Park.
Get a thrilling look at the elephants of Minneriya National Park during this 3-hour private Jeep safari. Travel to a wilderness refuge known for hosting one of the largest gatherings of Asian elephants on earth (each June through September), observing these giant creatures as they drink, feed, and congregate. The chance to observe numerous species of birds, amphibians, and fish is an added bonus.
With the grace of majestic giants and pristine tropical dry forest settings, Minneriya National Park is a perfect spot to spend few hours witnessing one of the most astonishing wildlife spectacles on earth.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at 3* Hotel, Sigiriya (Meal Plan - BB), One Double Room
Day 2: Sigiriya - Rock Fortress - Hiriwadunna Village Tour - Bentota/Kalutara/Wadduwa
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Morning after breakfast, visit Lions Rock in Sigiriya, a UNESCO world heritage site adorning a palace on its peak.
This UNESCO World Heritage Site’ is one of the Sri Lanka’s major attractions and the 5th Century ‘Fortress in the Sky’ which is perhaps the most fantastic single wonder of the Island. A spectacular pillar of rock visible from mils around. It is also known as Lions Rock because of the huge lion that used to stand at the entrance to the Palace on the summit of the 600 –foot high rock.
Historically, the origins of the remains are disputed and though to have been either a royal fortress built under the reign of King Kashyapa (477- 495 AD) or a Buddhist monastery.
On its summit are the foundations of the Royal Palace, Water Tanks to supply water and all other buildings and at the edges of the guardhouses. On one of the stairways the only known ancient work of Sinhala secular painting survived in the form of Frescoes of 21 life sized damsels in all the freshness and delicacy of their original colour. The Water Gardens, Fountain Garden, summerhouse, Boulder gardens and the Caves with the enclosed are should not be missed.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hiriwadunna, Hiriwadunna, North Central Province
Hiriwadunna Village Tour-
Afterwards having wonderful experience with Village Tour. Enjoy a scenic Catamaran ride in the reservoir a relaxing trip with plenty of nature and wildlife, and You can experience traditional village like and a walk through paddy fields and vegetable crops in the area by bullock cart ride & Tuk Tuk ride.
Try your hands in preparing some delicious Sri Lankan delicacies, and spicy, fresh treat will be served to you for lunch and proceed back to Bentota / Kalutara or Wadduwa.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :1: Bentota, Sri Lanka
2: Kalutara, Sri Lanka
3: Wadduwa, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or residence in BentotaAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/6/2020 - 7/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 05:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- •A valid travel insurance with health and hospitalization coverage for the entire stay. • Should undergo a PCR test on arrival. •A repeat PCR test to be conducted 5-7 days after the arrival •For tourists staying > 10 days, another PCR test will be carried out between 10-12 days www.sltda.gov.lk
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.