Bentota Day Tour from Colombo
Get out of the city and visit the seaside town of Bentota on this full-day tour from your Arrival Colombo or Negombo. Bentota is located 64 km south of Colombo in the South-western coastal belt of Sri Lanka. Colombo Bandaranaike Airport at Katunayake – Negombo being 37 km north of the city of Colombo, Bentota is approximately 101 km south of the airport. Just across the Bentota Bridge over the River Bentara also called the ‘Bentota Ganga’ is the coastal town of Bentota. Bentota is a very pretty rural area: the greenery of the landscape needs a special mention.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up to drop off at airport/hotel
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Bottled water
- Parking tolls & Fuel
- Portage & service charge
What's excluded :
- Lunch throughout the tour
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Snacks, Telephone calls, laundry, beverages etc
- All the entrance tickets at the mentioned sites
- What clients can expect Itinerary this is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop at: Kosgoda Sea Turtle Hatchery
The center functions mainly as a hatchery and makes huge efforts to increase the rate of hatching, and survival of baby turtles in their very initial stages. However the Care Centre also works on sick or injured adults; treating them and releasing them back into the ocean. They also run volunteer programs and awareness programs for local and international visitors.
The Hatchery Works In The Following Steps:
1. Staff patrols beach at nights looking for mother sea turtles that come out of the sea to lay eggs.
2. They protect the mother from afar during the nesting process, until she finishes laying the eggs and returns to the ocean.
3. The eggs are relocated from beach to hatchery to protect them from predators and irresponsible human action.
4. In addition fishermen are also paid to bring any turtle eggs they find to the hatchery.
5. The eggs develop and hatch in a protected area. This may take between 45-60 days.
6. The hatched turtles are released into the ocean on the same day if no complications arise.
This is to avoid human interference in their lifestyles as much as possible.
The Kosgoda Turtle Care centre is a great place to learn and love nature while also having fun. It is hands-on and family friendly and therefore should definitely be visited on your holiday to Sri Lanka.
Stop at: Madu River For Boat Ride
Boat Ride along the Madu River. The Madu River is very rich in biodiversity. The Madu River area surrounding the river are all swampy marshlands covered in mangrove forests. The forest covers over 61 hectares, that is over 150 acres. It is interesting to note that mangroves play a huge part in preventing erosion. The region continues to be a treasure trove to biologists and ecologists with many undiscovered species in the unreachable depths of the mangrove forests. The plant life in turn have supported a large number of wildlife that depends on them.
Stop at: Open-Air Fish Massage
An interesting thing to be visited of the area is the Open-Air Fish Massage. The fish massage is quite popular around the world, especially in East Asian countries. The unique factor about this massage is that the fish are held in their natural environment, the river. A large space is sectioned off by nets tied between poles; restricting the fish from leaving that area.
Stop at: Cinnamon Village
The main source of economy for the locals of the Madu Ganga (River) region is the cinnamon industry. The freshly cinnamon is brought here to be peeled. By default, this also means that the best quality cinnamon can be purchased at bargain prices here.
Departure Point :Colombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Gathered to be hotel lobby or Location 15 minutes before the set Departure timeAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
- Colombo Port
Departure Time :7/15/2019 - 10/28/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.