Bentota City Tour and Galle from Balapitiya
(SKU: LK60390700) This takes you to the most memorable places you've ever seen! Visit the strange and yet beautiful Lunuganga estate, quench your thirst for adventure with a river safari in the Madu Ganga. You will also visit a World Heritage site, a Dutch Fort in Galle which is considered one of the most well-preserved forts in all of Asia. You'll never run out of things to see!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffer guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Balapitiya.
- Water bottle (per-person).
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets. (Lunuganga Estate, Madu River Boat Safari)
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Entry/Admission - Lunuganga
- Entry/Admission - Madu Ganga Biodiversity Area
- Entry/Admission - Galle Fort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lunuganga, Dedduwa Lake, Bentota 80500 Sri Lanka
The first item in your itinerary will be Bawa’s estate in Lunuganga Sir Geoffrey Bawa, the much renowned lawyer turned architect, made the estate his country home from 1947 till his death in 1998. During his sojourn there he used the place as his experiment lab and made many architectural and interior additions. While visiting the estate you will get to see the beautifully designed gardens that are now open to the public. Some of the buildings of the estate are also now a country house hotel. The tour of the estate approximately takes two hours.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Madu Ganga Biodiversity Area, Balapitiya Sri Lanka
Balapitiya is a little southern town lying in marshy wetlands. The area is a high bio diversity zone that relies on the lagoon created by Madu River as it flows into the Indian Ocean. Your safari will take you on a ride down the river. You will get to see the dense mangrove forest that grows along the marshy banks of the river and the forms of wildlife that call the roots home. Your guide will also take you some of the larger free standing islands on Madu River. On one such island you will find an old Buddhist monastery. Cinnamon harvesting is the main employment of the people of this area.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
This coastal city has withstood three foreign invasions; during which time, it grew from a bustling port which was a main stop for ships travelling east, to a fortified and yet beautiful city with many monuments which have withstood the ravages of time. You will be able to view the Galle Fort which is a World Heritage Site, the Galle Lighthouse, the National Maritime Museum, the picturesque cobble stoned streets with their Dutch names, and many more colonial remnants.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Balapitiya
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.