Beiteddine and Deir El Qamar Half-Day Trip from Beirut
On this half-day Beirut trip, enjoy a tour of Beiteddine (Beit El Dine) and Deir El Qamar (Deir El Kamar) and immerse yourself in a captivating world of Lebanese history. These two traditional, well-preserved villages offer fascinating attractions, such as the Mosque of Emir Fakhr Eddine and Beiteddine Palace. Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites with your expert guide and savor authentic Lebanese cuisine at a local restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver/professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Beit Eddine
What's excluded :
- Meet your friendly, professional guide in central Beirut and head straight to Beiteddine (Beit El Dine), situated approximately 26 miles (43 km) southeast of Beirut. Here, visit the magnificent 19th-century Beiteddine Palace, featuring arcades, galleries and beautifully decorated rooms by artists from Lebanon, Damascus and Italy. Tour the palace with your guide and discover how this building is a perfect model of Eastern architecture. Today, the palace houses a museum with an interesting collection of feudal weapons, costumes and jewelry.
Enjoy a relaxing lunch of traditional meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) and tapas at a nearby Lebanese restaurant (included). Then, head to Deir El Qamar (Deit El Kamar), one of Lebanon’s prettiest villages with an interesting history that demonstrates the country’s tolerant religious roots. Deir El Qamar is famous for its palaces that display the ancient Lebanese architectural style as well as several souks (markets), mosques and palaces.
During your walking tour of Deir El Qamar, your knowledgeable guide will provide insight on the historical significance of the remains you visit, such as the Palace of Fakhreddine, the Mosque of Emir Fakhr Eddine and Castle of Emir Melhem Shehab. On the way, pass by Moussa Castle, featuring a life-size recreation of the Last Supper. Stop for a photo opportunity at this major Lebanon attraction before returning to Beirut in the relaxing comfort of your luxury coach.
Please note: Though the US Department of State has issued a warning against travel to Lebanon due to safety and security concerns, Viator’s Lebanon tours continue to operate with no disruptions. We are in frequent contact with our local suppliers and guides in Lebanon, and they report that all tours are operating as scheduled. Should the situation change, we will update this information and customers will be notified of alterations or cancellations to tours.
Departure Point :Nakhal & Cie, Beirut, Lebanon
Traveler pickup is offered
We Pick up all guests from Hotels located in Beirut City Only. Pick up for this tour starts from 10:30 am. Guests should be ready in the lobby from 10:30 am.We don't pick up from hotels outside Beirut, or from Hostels, airbnb, and private apartments, in this case guests should come to our office at 11:00 to join the tour.If the hotel was not provided 48 hours before the tour departure date, then the guests should be present at our office at 11:00 am, as no pick up will be provided for last minute hotel details.
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.