Beijing’s Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
Four of Beijing’s most recognizable landmarks fill this day, leaving every visitor in awe from morning until the end. Get a sense of ancient China when emperors ruled and the foundations was laid for the development of the current capitol.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tours and transfers by air-conditioned transportation with driver and English speaking guide
- All taxes and service fees included
What's excluded :
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals not mentioned in the program, drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in Beijing
- Supplements for transfers outside Beijing city centre; this includes any cruise port as well as the airport.
- Tips and gratuities
- Having grown at an exponential rate towards an ever-growing population, the skyline of modern Beijing has taken over from what used to be the capital of the Jin Dynasty. Little of that time has remained but awe-inspiring monuments such as the Summer Palace and the Forbidden City. It is these monuments and sights keep Beijing bound to its rich and unsurpassable history at times that modern China continue to grow at an incredible pace. It is these contrasts that has given the Chinese capital such a dominant place in the modern world. We forget the modern architecture during this full day and purely focus on the magnificence of its historical past.
Early morning, pick up from your centrally-located hotel, and we head straight to the world’s largest plaza – Tiananmen Square. To simply walk around this square is a great way to imagine the great historical events of the 20th century that took place here. You will also see legendary landmarks including the Great Hall of the People and the towering 125-foot granite obelisk, called the Monument to the Peoples Heroes, honoring those who died in revolution.
Opposite this large square lies the main entrance to the Forbidden City, the inner sanctum and palace where for centuries Chinese emperors ruled their world. It has 9000-room maze of courtyards, places, and ceremonial halls, where 24 emperors lived. As the name implies, the Forbidden City was indeed a forbidden place, where commoners were kept out for nearly 500 years in the past. You will tour the palace grounds and imagine the mystery, intrigue and incredible power that reigned here.
Lunch is included during this day and what else but sampling some local delicacies at a local restaurant before we move on to one of the most stunning examples of Chinese architecture: the Summer Palace. Constructed in 1888, with its imperial park and right next to the Kunming Lake, it was once a summer retreat for emperors. Your guide will show you some magical views points overlooking the hills, bridges and pagodas that grace the Palace grounds. A leisurely cruise on the lake is included as the perfect ending to a visit to this important site.
We end the day with entering the compound of one of the most recognizable temples in Beijing. The Temple of Heaven was built in 1420 A.D., specifically for the worship of heaven and prayers for good harvests during the Ming and Qing dynasties. Sprawling with green spaces, with the temple right in the heart of Tiantan Park, it is surround various imperial complexes of religious buildings. During the day, local residents find respite from the hectic life in the capital, as well as use the extensive grounds for activities and exercises.
We return back to your hotel where you will arrive at around 18:00 hrs, depending on traffic.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available for customers staying in and inside downtown Beijing. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District and both Beijing’s International Airports are excluded.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We regret to inform you that most of the museums in China are closed all day on Mondays; wherever possible, we will try to offer alternative visits for touring options on this day.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.