Beijing Private Tour to Fragrant Hill and Temple of Azure Clouds with Cable Car
Embark on a full day private tour to discover the city’s mountainous landscapes. Explore the dozens of ancient sights that dot the Fragrant Hill park, such as Biyun Temple, the Vajrasana Pagoda, Liuli Tower, Yanjing Lake, Jianxin Zhai, Bright Temple (Zhao Miao) and more, go up to the top of Xianglu Peak for stunning views. When come in autumn, fiery red leaves blanket the entire mountain. This private tour includes English speaking tour guide, entrance fee, lunch, hotel pick up and drop off by private vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels within the 4th ring road of Beijing)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance Fee
- Cable Car Round Trip
- Entry/Admission - Fragrant Hills Park (Xiangshan Gongyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Biyun Temple
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fragrant Hills Park (Xiangshan Gongyuan), Haidian District, Beijing China
Your guide and private vehicle will pick you up from your hotel in Beijing at prearranged time. Then heading directly to the Fragrant Hill. On the way to the Fragrant Hill, about 40 minutes drive, your tour guide will explain the related histories and stories, feel free to ask your guide questions if you have.
The Fragrant Hills is a large forest park with the characteristics of imperial gardens in which natural landscape is combined with artificial scenery. First built in 1186, and renovated by emperors of the Jin, Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties (1115-1911). In 1745, Emperor Qianlong ordered large-scale construction. At that time, 28 beautiful scenes with enclosing walls were set up and named Jingyi Park by the emperor. The Anglo-French Army and the Eight Power Allied Forces burned it to ashes in 1860 and 1900 respectively. In March 1949, the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party was headquartered at Fragrant Hills. Comrade Mao Zedong lived in Shuangqing Villa, from where he directed the famous “Crossing the Chang Jiang River Campaign” during the War of Liberation. Fragrant Hills was formally opened as a park in 1956.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Biyun Temple, East of Xiang Mountain, Haidian District, Beijing 100093 China
The Temple of Azure Clouds was built in the 14th century during the Yuan dynasty (1271–1368) and was expanded in 1748. The temple, which is built on six different levels over an elevation of nearly 100 meters, is known for its fine scenery. The temple also includes the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, which is located at the center of the temple complex. Two other prominent features are the Arhats Hall and the Vajrasana Pagoda. Accompanied by your friendly tour guide, explore the dozens of ancient sights that dot the park, such as Biyun Temple, the Vajrasana Pagoda, Shuangqing Villa, Jingcui Lake, then take the cable car to the top of Xianglu for stunning views. This lovely wooded park is a favorite of locals, especially in autumn to see the maple trees with their striking red leaves.
Follow your tour guide, you will take the cable car going up to the mountain to enjoy the park.
Enjoy a lunch near the Fragrant Hill. At the end of the trip you will be transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your hotel within the 5th ring road of Beijing city, If your hotel is out of the 5th ring road of Beijing city, you can travel to the city to meet our guide ,or pick you up from your hotel( may have extra cost)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.